TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeta

Members AF
Messages
24,695
Reaction score
11,405
What is best for general viewing and console gaming? LCD or LED?

 
LED.

LCD's are going into decline, more manufacturers are focusing on LEDs now. LEDs are usually more expensive.

I recently bought a 32 inch LG smart tv (LED) and it's fantastic. I use it for console gaming and watching Netflix mostly. 

 
Have both LCD and LED, the LED blows LCD out the water, the gaming is so much more crisp!

 
Im thinking of treating myself to a new tv after xmas (in the sales) want a 50 inch LED. Anyone know a rough price I will need to spend to get a good tv?

 
Im thinking of treating myself to a new tv after xmas (in the sales) want a 50 inch LED. Anyone know a rough price I will need to spend to get a good tv?
For a 50 one you would be looking at £699 and upwards just now.

Might come down in sales but the better quality ones will remain around that price I think.

 
Thank you for your reply. Does anyone know what to look for when buying a tv? you see all these details by the price tag but they dont mean much to me.

 
Techradar is a really good place to go to when comparing electrical goods. They do nice detailed reviews, covering everything.

 
Thank you for your reply. Does anyone know what to look for when buying a tv? you see all these details by the price tag but they dont mean much to me.
Well you looking for a internet smart TV or you want to go all out for the new 4K types?

Smart TV's are great IMO, I have netflix on mine plus youtube ect.

IS the TV for general use or for gaming? Sony TV's are probably the market leader when gaming

I'm waiting a few years until I plump for 4K though, crazy prices just now.

 
Not really that bothered about make just as long as it isnt some make i have never heard of.

I dont really need a smart TV as my computer is hooked up to the TV but most new TV's are smart now days arent they.

I went on the site that Zola suggested and found a nice Sony 50" which they say is top class for £700. Its a bit more than what i was thinking but if i have to pay that then i will. I was hoping to get something good for around the 500 mark.

 
Who doesnt want to save money, you fool.
But a TV is an investment, it' s not like you're buying a t shirt that you'll wear a few times then chuck away after a few months. You need to get a decent one, since you'll have it for the next 6 years or so, surely?

 
Yes but if I cant find a TV that is just as good for 500 then why would you buy one that is 700?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top