Update Bugs

Mod

A Touchable
Staff member
Messages
19,164
Reaction score
8,768
I just thought I'd make a topic to clear up a few of the small issues some people may be getting since the IPB update on Sunday.

Posting editor and quotes issues:

Firstly, new quoting seems different in the editor, you just need to add your text under the quoted text. You will notice the quote isn't in a box in the editor and just moved along the margin slightly. Just add your post under that and the quote will appear in the box on posting.

I have been onto IPB about quotes displaying strange for some and this is what they say:

Unfortunately the editor issues are known issues. Because the editor Javascript changed with this newer versions your users will have to clear their browser caches for the editor to work for them correctly once more.

Tapatalk:

Things might look and work a bit strange in Tapatalk and that's because they will need to update their plugin for forums for this newer version. I'm sure that will come soon and will add it here as soon as they do. You may get an app update too at the same time. Use the 'Mobile version' until then, I think its better and less cluttered anyway.

Mobile Style Array:

Mobile style runs perfect, but last poster shows as 'array' on main page. This is a bug and will get fixed soon.

No BBCodes showing in Posting Editor:

Some may see the posting editor in normal text with all the usual stuff above highlighted out. To get all the codes back, just click the little icon like below:

/monthly_12_2012/post-2-0-63007300-1354628983_thumb.png

Having these or any other problems since update?:

Clear Browser caches and all will be good again!!

 

Attachments

  • codes.PNG
    codes.PNG
    204.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this mate, I haven't been able to submit anything to the site (not even a PM) for a couple of days, but now I've cleared my browser cache (/history) it seems to be working again.

 
I don't seem to be able to post replies or new threads in Firefox. The comment box isn't editable.

 
Hi Mod, is the quote box still invisible on the mobile version? Just checking because now I can see who was quoted but the box still doesn't appear.

Thanks again.

 
I don't seem to be able to post replies or new threads in Firefox. The comment box isn't editable.
Did you completely clear your history + cache etc?

Having done that, if you are still experiencing problems I would recommend downloading CCleaner from www.piriform.com. All you have do after installing it is open the program, and run the cleaner. This does not delete any of your personal files.

I had the same issue as you (except with Chrome) but after running CCleaner everything worked fine again.

 
Hi Mod, is the quote box still invisible on the mobile version? Just checking because now I can see who was quoted but the box still doesn't appear.

Thanks again.
Yea possibly a bug on the mobile version, I know that they know there is problems with it, so sure they will release a patch for it soon.

A few bugs on this update which is quite unlike IPB.

<Wanders off to see how much VBulletin is>

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on the quotes on mobile version chaps?

It's really hard to read threads these days!

 
I can't find the "smart arse comment" button anymore

 
Well I must have moved, because obviously you found it.

 
Note to self - must stop slipping my hand under G4 Sqd's  arse!

 
Sorry bjd (and amp), I just saw this.

I can't give a time when it will get done, but it will. They just released a patch version fixing other bugs but I don't think this was done. The quoted name shows but no box to separate. I will look into it.

 
Sorry bjd (and amp), I just saw this.I can't give a time when it will get done, but it will. They just released a patch version fixing other bugs but I don't think this was done. The quoted name shows but no box to separate. I will look into it.
Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

 
Tapatalk's becoming unusable for me now; quotes are not attributed, my text is always lumped into one long paragraph, and it never displays embedded media like it's supposed to. I didn't like the mobile version when I tried it but it's got to be better than this.

 
Back
Top