WC 2018

I rate this France above Germany and Spain. totally in control since minute 1 against Australia, never needed Robben or Higuain on their side - great defending, kicking as*s Mbappe and Griezman, beating strong opponents(Argentina, Uruguay, Belgium and Croatia). Impressive!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly the thing that has been annoying me. He's been good, but the overhyping has been way over the top.
Thats you problem, the kid is 19 years old and scored in the final of the World Cup, second youngest after Pele, also second youngest after Pele with multiple World Cup goals in the knockouts.

If he was in our team you would be capable of seeing what the rest of the world is seeing so I feel sorry for you.

 
Glad France won though they had a bit of luck with a couple of decisions.

Croatia were also lucky to not pick up a couple of cards, one pulling back Mbappe and the other an over the top shoulder barge. 

I have a funny feeling about Croatia and their fitness with getting through extra time in three knock out matches, it is not natural and suspect some new 'enhancer' was at play.

 
Thats you problem, the kid is 19 years old and scored in the final of the World Cup, second youngest after Pele, also second youngest after Pele with multiple World Cup goals in the knockouts.

If he was in our team you would be capable of seeing what the rest of the world is seeing so I feel sorry for you.
You're making it seem like i don't think he is good. I know he's good, he's very good, i just think the performances we have seen throughout this world cup has been a bit overhyped. France's defense and midfield won them this world cup, but it's Mbappe that is getting all of the praise.

 
You're making it seem like i don't think he is good. I know he's good, he's very good, i just think the performances we have seen throughout this world cup has been a bit overhyped. France's defense and midfield won them this world cup, but it's Mbappe that is getting all of the praise.
Everyone did their part nobody is saying that Mbappe played 1v11 its very obvious that France has world class players in every position but it's a big thing to see a 19 year old being capable of performing like this as the whole world was waiting to see it again ever since Pele himself and that is special.

Having Umtiti-Varane-Lucas in the backline is amazing and all of them will be in their peak in 4 years, Kante is amazing as well just played a bit bad this final but overall had an amazing World Cup, Griezmann is also young and so is their bench, France overall played 3 World Cup finals out of the last 6 World Cups and also played the Euro finals, by far the nation with the biggest talents.

 
it's a big thing to see a 19 year old being capable of performing like this as the whole world was waiting to see it again ever since Pele himself and that is special.
Messi?

 
I think Pickford has been the stand out keeper this tournament, such a natural keeper, the upgrade from Hart contributed towards a good WC run.
I was a bit unsure at first, but he grew with every game and Southgate made the right call picking him over Hart and even Butland who i thought was the more complete goalkeeper. The penalty shoot out seemed to make him more confident. This world cup could be the making of him.

 
I think Pickford has been the stand out keeper this tournament, such a natural keeper, the upgrade from Hart contributed towards a good WC run.
Had a good tournament.

glad it went well for him because the panel after the Tunisia match were a bit harsh on him I thought. Think it might have been Lee Dixon that kept going on about going with the wrong hand. Not sure Dixon would know a lot about it.

 
I rate this France above Germany and Spain. totally in control since minute 1 against Australia, never needed Robben or Higuain on their side - great defending, kicking as*s Mbappe and Griezman, beating strong opponents(Argentina, Uruguay, Belgium and Croatia). Impressive!
I'm not sure if you are joking but Robben and Higuain are not French.  You might have been thinking Ribery and Benzema.  

 
The greatest day of my life !!! Being french, that day will be forever remembered as my greatest souvenir as a football fan (with our UCL 2012 win of course ;) ) !!!! I've been partying until 1:00 am ... Since the game ended at 6:50 pm, it's been a solid 6 hours of party antics haha !!! Les champs were unbelievable ... the bar I was in with friends went mental !!! Unbelievable game !!! A 4-2 win ... Last time there's been as many goals was in 1966. Last time there's been more was in 1958. Mbappé finishing with 4 goals, one in the final. Truly, this guy is progressing at such a fast rate !!!! Already one more World Cup than CR7 and Messi!!! Unbelievable !!! France suffered against an excellent side !!! Croatia really made us suffer !!!! Thank God we got Mbappé upfront for our devastating counter attacks !!! Allez les bleus !!!

ps : The World Cup is coming home ;) !!! Jules Rimet created it and was french ;) !

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I rate this France above Germany and Spain. totally in control since minute 1 against Australia, never needed Robben or Higuain on their side - great defending, kicking as*s Mbappe and Griezman, beating strong opponents(Argentina, Uruguay, Belgium and Croatia). Impressive!
Totally in control against lucky to win against Australia. Fixed it for you. Robben & Higuain eh? Crikey....how embarrassing for this site let alone you.

 
Because he is easier to get? And also pretty damn good? How on earth is it hard to fathom why a team would want Hazard?
Commercially he won't bring nowhere near enough money than an Mbappe or Neymar would though. If I was Real president, I would wait until next season and try for one of those two from PSG next season. Neymar wanted to go to Real Madrid before. Now Ronaldo is gone they need that galactico signing, and hazard wouldn't be that. Hazard would just be a good signing, but underwhelming by Real Madrid standards. 

 
The greatest day of my life !!! Being french, that day will be forever remembered as my greatest souvenir as a football fan (with our UCL 2012 win of course ;) ) !!!! I've been partying until 1:00 am ... Since the game ended at 6:50 pm, it's been a solid 6 hours of party antics haha !!! Les champs were unbelievable ... the bar I was in with friends went mental !!! Unbelievable game !!! A 4-2 win ... Last time there's been as many goals was in 1966. Last time there's been more was in 1958. Mbappé finishing with 4 goals, one in the final. Truly, this guy is progressing at such a fast rate !!!! Already one more World Cup than CR7 and Messi!!! Unbelievable !!! France suffered against an excellent side !!! Croatia really made us suffer !!!! Thank God we got Mbappé upfront for our devastating counter attacks !!! Allez les bleus !!!

ps : The World Cup is coming home ;) !!! Jules Rimet created it and was french ;) !
Congratulations pal and i hope the head isn't too sore. The record books have been inked, it's official, France are the WC winners.

But now lets be brutally realistic, Croatia were schooling France in that final, us fans who know the game could see it happening with our owns eyes, all those French stars were out of the game until the Argentinian ref decided to step onto the stage, 21 years after appearing as a prison guard in the Argentinian movie "The Fury", two words Croatian players are relating to this morning.

Now go and enjoy your glory.  :wink:

 
The greatest day of my life !!! Being french, that day will be forever remembered as my greatest souvenir as a football fan (with our UCL 2012 win of course ;) ) !!!! I've been partying until 1:00 am ... Since the game ended at 6:50 pm, it's been a solid 6 hours of party antics haha !!! Les champs were unbelievable ... the bar I was in with friends went mental !!! Unbelievable game !!! A 4-2 win ... Last time there's been as many goals was in 1966. Last time there's been more was in 1958. Mbappé finishing with 4 goals, one in the final. Truly, this guy is progressing at such a fast rate !!!! Already one more World Cup than CR7 and Messi!!! Unbelievable !!! France suffered against an excellent side !!! Croatia really made us suffer !!!! Thank God we got Mbappé upfront for our devastating counter attacks !!! Allez les bleus !!!

ps : The World Cup is coming home ;) !!! Jules Rimet created it and was french ;) !
Congratulations! How is your liver holding up?

Didn't know you are French btw, you hid that well :wink:

 
Congratulations to France for winning it and also a well done to Croatia.

I was surprised and pleased England made it to the Semi Finals and hoped the Final would be Belgium v England.

I enjoyed this World Cup far, far more, than I ever thought I would.

Best game for me was the Belgium v Brazil one. Shading the Portugal v Spain one.

 
Back
Top