Who's going to win the World Cup?

Who will become World Champions?

  • Brazil

    Votes: 28 35.0%
  • Croatia

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mexico

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cameroon

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Netherlands

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chile

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Colombia

    Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Greece

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ivory Coast

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Japan

    Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Uruguay

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • England

    Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Italy

    Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Switzerland

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • France

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Argentina

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Nigeria

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Germany

    Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Portugal

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ghana

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • USA

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Belgium

    Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Russia

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Korea

    Votes: 1 1.3%

  • Total voters
    80
Status
Not open for further replies.
My world cup predictions, it's a bit foreign but it was the only one that had big flags on it to make it easy to see on the forum

2lufhj9.png


http://www.ole.com.ar/pronostico-mundial/

Somehow I had England getting all the way to the Quarters, turns out if we get through our group we'll probably have a decent r32 draw even if we come 2nd in our group.
All fine... EXCEPT... Chile going through over Holland? Really?

 
All fine... EXCEPT... Chile going through over Holland? Really?
I wouldn't rule it out, the Dutch are not that impressive. In the qualifying group they did well, but crumbled after qualification was assured. Lack of backbone and fighting spirit may become an issue.

 
All fine... EXCEPT... Chile going through over Holland? Really?
I didn't just want to pick all the favorites because it never works out like that, and looking at the squads I felt like if any of the big nations are going to choke it could very well be The Netherlands.

As for Chile, they pushed Germany and Brazil very close recently, and last year they beat England and Uruguay, and drew with Spain, Colombia and Brazil.

 
Australia will top the group, Spain, Holland and Chile will be fighting it out for bridesmaids of the group.

Obviously.

 
Australia will top the group, Spain, Holland and Chile will be fighting it out for bridesmaids of the group.

Obviously.
You do know this is the FOOTBALL world cup, right?:)

 
Brazil to win. Got the best blend of pace, power and skill.

 
Brazil... if not them then probably Spain, Germany, Holland (I hope not!) or obviously England.

 
I think Germany might do this. I fancy Schurrle to have a cracker.

Germans look strong and balanced as a squad and of course have previous, and expereince now.

The Schurrle thing is just a gut thing I dont know why, maybe becuase he has not really had a full season and see bags of potential in him;  just the type of player that shines through on these occasions

I didnt think Brazil look that strong to me but home advantage is massive.

Love th world cup

Come on Englang !

 
No European team has ever won the world cup on South American soil

Everytime the world cup has been in either of the Americas, a South American team has won it

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that Chelsea has more players going to the World Cup (18) than any other club.

 
Got to be Argentina for me, with Japan being the surprise package.

I can see Brazil choking when they face a true true test ie against Germany, Argentina or Spain.

England to get through the group but lose in the second round to one of Greece, Ivory Coast, Colombia or Japan (too tight a group to call)

 
Japan will win it.

They'll slice and dice anyone who threatens them!

Im honestly rooting for Japan, strong team unit over individuals.

 
It quite fancy Argentina. Messi tends to disappoint for the national team but if that happens again they've got Frankie Di Santo(!) ready to step in. There's also Aguero, Higuan, Di Maria, Lavessi, etc, so they should be good to watch and score plenty of goals, which will be important as the defense is always a bit ropey.

 
I'm considering naming Higuain as top scorer for the office pool, so he's better deliver!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The poorest Brazil side in years.

I'd go for Spain to knock out Italy and a Spain v Germany final.

 
I've a feeling Argentina might take it, them or Germany.

 
This was mine, I did one a month or so ago which was slightly different (I think), I'm sure I will have changed my mind again by the time the tournament starts:

worldcuppredictor_zps5d7fbae4.png


Also in light of recent 'developments', I might have to backtrack on my feelings about France's run to the semis.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
You do know this is the FOOTBALL world cup, right?

:)
Awww c'mon...Australia has the perfect combination of old mediocre players, middle of the road mediocre players and a sprinkling of young mediocre players too.

The balance is very nice.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top