X-Box or PS3

  • Thread starter Thread starter bigjockknew
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
PS3 is about to go slim and there will be a significant price drop also - over 100 euro's in europe, not sure how many quid that is however.

 
get a warranty from the store you buy it from, 2 of my xbox's broke and i'm on my third now saved me about $600

 
Interesting SW... I too am wondering which console is best - always been a Sony girl as I've not had a product yet which has gone wrong.

I'd only use it for computer games, football basically... Pro Evo most likely.

Stupid question - but for these football games can you only use analogue? or can you use the normal up down left right? On the Wii (now moved to the front room for the family) I bought a normal hand set and Fifa 09 and was distraught you could only use the gear shirt and not the buttons.

 
Interesting SW... I too am wondering which console is best - always been a Sony girl as I've not had a product yet which has gone wrong. I'd only use it for computer games, football basically... Pro Evo most likely.

Stupid question - but for these football games can you only use analogue? or can you use the normal up down left right? On the Wii (now moved to the front room for the family) I bought a normal hand set and Fifa 09 and was distraught you could only use the gear shirt and not the buttons.
On Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 on the 360 you can use the d-pad. I made sure of it before I agreed to play it.

 
Interesting SW... I too am wondering which console is best - always been a Sony girl as I've not had a product yet which has gone wrong. I'd only use it for computer games, football basically... Pro Evo most likely.

Stupid question - but for these football games can you only use analogue? or can you use the normal up down left right? On the Wii (now moved to the front room for the family) I bought a normal hand set and Fifa 09 and was distraught you could only use the gear shirt and not the buttons.
not sure about the ps3, but as plok says you definately can on the 360. get a 360 and get online, ill give you a game of pro evo. and seeing as though im sh*t at it i can almost guarantee you will win.

 
PES 2010 to feature 360 degree controls (Guardian)

In the perennial top of the league clash between FIFA and PES, the former has clawed ahead over the last couple of iterations, with Konami's in-house dev team seemingly running out of ideas. But today the company has confirmed that it's introducing a flexible new control system, offering gamers complete 360 degree control over the direction of the ball when passing and shooting. "Via forums and feedback, the PES Productions team in Tokyo has canvassed opinion on elements fans hoped to see included in PES 2010, and 360-degree control was part of the long list," says the press release.

The system, which Konami says will, 'allow players to spread the ball with ease, opening up new attacking and defensive possibilities' is supported by analogue controllers on the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. The PS3 d-pad will also work, but the 360 pad only offers eight-way directional control.

Konami also ran through some of the other key additions and tweaks. Here they are:

Manual Goalkeepers

"PES 2010 will be the only football title to offer users complete control of the keeper. Players can switch to their goalkeeper at any time, and will enjoy total control of his actions."

New Goalkeeper Moves

"Players can now perform quick under-arm throws to their nearest defender to get attacks rolling more quickly."

All-New Animation

"Key animation related to dribbling, running, turning, etc, has been reworked and enhanced, creating a more natural and organic feel to the way players chase down balls, change direction and move around the pitch. The result is a more fluid and natural look to the game."

Fine-tuned Close Control

"The PES Productions team has worked to improve trapping of the ball and basic close control elements, giving the user more ways to spread and move the ball around effortlessly."

Manual Ball Request

"The ability to demand the ball when running into space is now available to the player, and will be accessible in all game modes, such as multi-player, online, etc."

Simpler Skills

"Moves such as feints, drag backs and upper body feints can be applied more naturally when taking on or trying to beat an opponent. The PES series has long been associated with clever flicks and tricks, and PES 2010 will boast the most to date."

 
DKW - if I get this new PS3, will I still be able to play you on the XBox?

 
Get a Xbox 360 elite with the new jasper chip, then you don't have to worry about RROD. PS3 is a overpriced machine with a blu-ray player, more like a movie machine then gaming.

Xbox live is 10 times better then Playstation Network. You get lots of more exclusive games and downloadable content with the 360.

The PS3 is also more expensive.

Graphic wise its the same on each system, just the brightness/contrast that are different.

 
ps3 online is free and we get some really good ps3 only games coming out e.g heavy rain and mag to name just a few

 
I'm a 360 player, but I have to say, PS3s are better IMO. As hennerz says, Heavy Rain is out on it, and that looks spectacular. I would buy a PS3 solely for that game.

 
I just finished Heavy Rain..it's interesting. A complete story book of a game, where you can see the character's thoughts, make decisions that effect the outcome of the game, and play as 4 characters in an intertwining set of stories. Only sad thing is it's about 8-10 hours game play.

 
i have got a ps3 it's broken down 2 times since it was released but i know people who have xboxs and have broken down 3 or 4 times a year, and ps3 games are so much better.



 
I've never had a technical issue with any of my playstation products.

 
Console gaming is for kids.

I used to run a 64 player dedicated server playing Battlefield 2 (modern warfare) the frontline in multiplayer gaming, it used to be full every night, 32 vs 32, USMC vs Insurgents, Choppers-Jets-Tanks-Humvies-Artillery everything including the aircraft carrier, the place was buzzing.

The most exhilarating gaming I have ever experienced.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top