X-Box or PS3

  • Thread starter Thread starter bigjockknew
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided that PC is the thing to go for, might be a lot more expensive and cost to upgrade after a few years but it's worth it.

Much better graphics, community(steam, battle.net, ventrilo, skype etc) not having to buy a new game from a store, can simply just buy from steam or any other online gaming community thingie, you've got internet and loads of other stuff.

The only negative thing might be that I'll miss out on Halo Reach, but then again I rate starcraft 2 higher and the new call of duty that is on its way.

 
In my opinion the quality of PC games have dropped ever since World of fudging warcraft was released, people just compare it to that. Of course you get various exceptions like Halo and Modern Warfare who have the reputation but other new PC games have suffered due to warcraft being so popular and with everyone trying to make MMO's.

I've always said this but for me it's the 360 all the way and it's coming from someone who has a PS3 aswell, even though i haven't touched a gaming console in a while now but i just treat my Ps3 as a blu-ray player.

For online gaming, xbox i think is better than PS3 but the PS3 has some must have games like uncharted(which is brilliant).

Xbox - Online gaming console

PS3 - Entertainment system

Wii - Family fun(piece of crap)

That's how i rate them, but thats my personal opinion because people enjoy different things and different types of games and what not.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion the quality of PC games have dropped ever since World of fudging warcraft was released, people just compare it to that. Of course you get various exceptions like Halo and Modern Warfare who have the reputation but other new PC games have suffered due to warcraft being so popular and with everyone trying to make MMO's.

I've always said this but for me it's the 360 all the way and it's coming from someone who has a PS3 aswell, even though i haven't touched a gaming console in a while now but i just treat my Ps3 as a blu-ray player.

For online gaming, xbox i think is better than PS3 but the PS3 has some must have games like uncharted(which is brilliant).

Xbox - Online gaming console

PS3 - Entertainment system

Wii - Family fun(piece of crap)

That's how i rate them, but thats my personal opinion because people enjoy different things and different types of games and what not.
Thats a very good definition of the machines there Sheva, and I would agree completely. The Xbox`s main use is as a gaming machine, and its main selling point is its online capabilities as Xbox Live is excellent. PS3 is a gaming machine too but makes more of its Movie playing capabilities and its online is utter tripe. Wii is a laugh, but the one we got hasnt been out for months now. Its more of a novelty machine than a true gaming machine.

 
Thats a very good definition of the machines there Sheva, and I would agree completely. The Xbox`s main use is as a gaming machine, and its main selling point is its online capabilities as Xbox Live is excellent. PS3 is a gaming machine too but makes more of its Movie playing capabilities and its online is utter tripe. Wii is a laugh, but the one we got hasnt been out for months now. Its more of a novelty machine than a true gaming machine.
Am wondering if anyone else has problems with the PS3 online? I have a laptop and a PC on a wireless network with no issues, but, my sons PS3 which is in the room next to the wireless router drops its connection frequently. I have the same problem with an itouch, but, expected this because of the frequency the itouch uses.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Xbox`s main use is as a gaming machine, and its main selling point is its online capabilities as Xbox Live is excellent. PS3 is a gaming machine too but makes more of its Movie playing capabilities and its online is utter tripe.
What makes its online utter tripe? Its Free!

 
What makes its online utter tripe? Its Free!
And you can tell. Connection speeds are appalling, always dropping out, laggy as hell etc. Just seems a very half arsed attempt by Sony. And now they have a problem where if they want to make it as good as Live they will need to start charging, which wont impress PS3 owners.

 
Not had any lag or anything like that online to be honest, only had trouble connecting to my old modem, but that was a netgear problem.

Sony won't charge for online play, they would have done that by now. There is now a thing where you pay subscription for demo's and content, maybe that is what you mean.

I rarely use games online on PS3 or 360, its normally a community of spotty 14 year olds from America.

 
That is also one reason to use PC instead, getting kind of fed up listening to those "hey, my balls just dropped" trash talking yanks constantly, even worse those squeeky annoying kids constantly yelling and screaming owned, raped, your mom down the mic etc.

 
That is also one reason to use PC instead, getting kind of fed up listening to those "hey, my balls just dropped" trash talking yanks constantly, even worse those squeeky annoying kids constantly yelling and screaming owned, raped, your mom down the mic etc.
How often do you need to upgrade a PC to ensure it's got enough crunch to play the latest and greatest games?

 
Well if you buy a new PC today, you are pretty much ensured to be able to play any upcoming new games that requires a good pc for the next 2-3 years. (Assuming its a gaming PC)

Otherwise its a personal choice if you want more ram, a new gfx card within that time. Personally I would suggest stick with the same PC for 2-3 years and then buy a brand-new one when the time comes.

Im on my 4th year with this PC and have not upgraded anything and its starting to fall apart tbh when it comes to games, it is not a PC based on gaming I must add.

 
Not had any lag or anything like that online to be honest, only had trouble connecting to my old modem, but that was a netgear problem.

Sony won't charge for online play, they would have done that by now. There is now a thing where you pay subscription for demo's and content, maybe that is what you mean.

I rarely use games online on PS3 or 360, its normally a community of spotty 14 year olds from America.
Me neither, I use Live now just for Add ons and downloads really. Once in a while i`ll have a go at gaming online, then remember why I stopped. Ive 2 friends who have PS3`s and anytime ive played online with one its been awful, dropping connection so often and lagging so badly its almost impossible to use.

 
Me neither, I use Live now just for Add ons and downloads really. Once in a while i`ll have a go at gaming online, then remember why I stopped. Ive 2 friends who have PS3`s and anytime ive played online with one its been awful, dropping connection so often and lagging so badly its almost impossible to use.
This I agree with. I have an XBox which I used online until this year, but we had a new bloke move in with a PS3 and FIFA10 so I didn't bother getting the new one and I play on PS3, and I have to say I am continually sh*tted off by losing to blokes because things happen 5 seconds after I say I want it too.

 
Well if you buy a new PC today, you are pretty much ensured to be able to play any upcoming new games that requires a good pc for the next 2-3 years. (Assuming its a gaming PC)

Otherwise its a personal choice if you want more ram, a new gfx card within that time. Personally I would suggest stick with the same PC for 2-3 years and then buy a brand-new one when the time comes.

Im on my 4th year with this PC and have not upgraded anything and its starting to fall apart tbh when it comes to games, it is not a PC based on gaming I must add.
Have you thought about a gaming PC...the spec on those things is frightening, as well as the cost...Which has always put me off?

 
Played a bit of online after I finished uncharted 2, and it was fine. Strange hearing people talk through your tv while you are playing. The time I went in there were a ton of Russians, and I felt like I was in the middle of KGB training. I turned it off...they were watching me

 
Have you thought about a gaming PC...the spec on those things is frightening, as well as the cost...Which has always put me off?
Yeah I know you have to shell out around 700-800 pounds for one but if you have a job it ain't too much money to save up to in a period of 3 years.

Ofc it is a lot of money if you are not really bothered to do PC gaming and have other priorities, family, bills etc.

 
It will be very interesting to see the pricing strategies for Xbox and PS3 this holiday season. My guess is the PS3 will be available for $249 whereas Xbox may not see a huge price slash given their slim version was launched a while back.

 
I own a PS3... a lot of my buddies have an Xbox... got to say there are some Xbox exclusives I really want to play.. so might have to invest in one in the near future.

 
I bought a PS3 just so I could play Metal Gear Solid 4.

Totally worth it.

 
This is all I can add to this discussion, unfortunately:


I reccomend watching all of it, it's pretty hilarious, but the relevant part starts at 2:25

 
Saw that at xmas and thought it was hilarious. Especially as Enfield obviously is on the verge of cracking up.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top