Your Favourite Game Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
The assassins absolutely took sides in the previous games. They always sided with the common people. The overwhelming majority of your targets are either European crusaders or Italian nobility (I haven't played Revelations but I'd imagine it follows the same theme). In a scenario that takes place during the American Revolution, it's only logical that the assassins would side with the underdogs once again.
The second game and brotherhood were set in Italy so it makes sense that most (not all) targets are european, revelations is in Constantinople so the majority are Muslim.

My point is that like you say Altair/Ezio sides with the common people of whatever religion and doesn't take sides in that fight which is a small feature i liked in those games whereas all the trailers for this game show the character fighting the British exclusivley. Like I said in the last post ive liked the games so far particularly for the story but it will be a big dissapointment if its just some american flag waving nonsense

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Shenmue( WE NEED A 3RD DAMMIT!)

Elder Scrolls

Gears of War

Halo

Half-Life

Shining Force

Phantasy Star

Diablo

Breath of Fire

Call Of Duty

I think I have more but can't think atm! Damn work!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't really play games apart from sports like SSX, Fifa and the odd Tennis games.

I do like games based on historical wars/battles though, probably sound like an old fart but I find them really interesting.

 
Battlefield 3 (Some prefer Call of Duty and I'm cool with that. Blowing s**t up in tanks is fun though!)

Final Fantasy (Even the more recent instalments, audiences are always reactionary)

Deus Ex (Human Revolution is a seriously good game, well worth trying)

Assassin's Creed (Speaks for itself)

Dead Space (Reaaaaally good series, play them at night with the surround sound on - I dare ya')

 
Battlefield 3 (Some prefer Call of Duty and I'm cool with that. Blowing s**t up in tanks is fun though!)

Final Fantasy (Even the more recent instalments, audiences are always reactionary)

Deus Ex (Human Revolution is a seriously good game, well worth trying)

Assassin's Creed (Speaks for itself)

Dead Space (Reaaaaally good series, play them at night with the surround sound on - I dare ya')
What Final Fantasy's recently have been worth playing? Honest question, I love 6-10, but then I haven't heard anything good about others ones so I never bothered.

Regarding AC, did you like Revelations? I couldn't get through it, combat has become boring, the story getting too weird, etc. Hope that AC3 plays more like AC2, which was a masterpiece.

 
Battlefield 3 (Some prefer Call of Duty and I'm cool with that. Blowing s**t up in tanks is fun though!)

Final Fantasy (Even the more recent instalments, audiences are always reactionary)

Deus Ex (Human Revolution is a seriously good game, well worth trying)

Assassin's Creed (Speaks for itself)

Dead Space (Reaaaaally good series, play them at night with the surround sound on - I dare ya')
Both awesome games series. I have AC Revelations still in the packaging, once I have a day to kill I'm gonna play the sh*t out of it.

 
I struggle to really think of a top series because almost all long running series have suffered some major blips (and often they even switch genres). Even Mario, where each installment has historically been top quality and pushing the boundaries of gaming has suffered from identikit games being churned out (new super mario bros series). Japanese studios in particular have run franchises into the ground this gen.

Thinking about it, these are probably my top series:

Batman Arkham - only two games but they're insanely good quality. Plus Mark Hamil is the best joker (that includes Heath Ledger). Next game is apparently going to be themed on the Justice League rather than just Batman

Resident Evil - revolutionised the horror genre, RE4 is as close to gaming perfection as I've experienced. Not too keen on the unscary co-op direction RE5 took the series but RE: revelations is great and I'm optimistic about RE6 separating out the action focused and horror focused parts of the series.

Final Fantasy - Sure XIII was disappointing (although XIII-2 was suprisingly good) and FFXIV was shockingly bad (that's receiving a grounds up rewrite) but it's still a phenomenal series

Kingdom Hearts - 2 main games, 5 spin off games on 5 different consoles. Can't get enough of it, despite the convoluted plot.

What Final Fantasy's recently have been worth playing? Honest question, I love 6-10, but then I haven't heard anything good about others ones so I never bothered.
12 is good, 13 is a bit... meh (very linear, plot doesn't make sense unless you read supplementary material). I'd strongly recommend checking out Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii if you're after a large scale RPG, it's probably the best console RPG this gen.

 
Assassins Creed

Medieval 2 total war

Civilization alpha centuri was amazing

Thats all the games that I got really hooked that I can think of off the top of my head

 
Shenmue( WE NEED A 3RD DAMMIT!)

Elder Scrolls

Gears of War

Halo

Half-Life

Shining Force

Phantasy Star

Diablo

Breath of Fire

Call Of Duty

I think I have more but can't think atm! Damn work!
A Dreamcast fan perhaps? Love the console myself, and indeed we need another Shenmue, I drive a forklift at work, but

it's just not the same! :laugh2:

 
Regarding AC, did you like Revelations? I couldn't get through it, combat has become boring, the story getting too weird, etc. Hope that AC3 plays more like AC2, which was a masterpiece.
Its the worst of Ezio's games but the ending is the best moment in the series especially if you watch AC Embers afterwards.

 
A Dreamcast fan perhaps? Love the console myself, and indeed we need another Shenmue, I drive a forklift at work, but

it's just not the same! :laugh2:
:laugh2: Have you seen the real life Shenmue video? Its brilliant, but I cant bloody find it anymore. Some random bloke dressed as Ryo saying quotes from the game to people, who obviously have no idea whats going on. I will try and hunt it down

Dreamcast though, loved Panzer Dragoon, Skys of Arcadia and Ikaruga on that machine.

 
TimeSplitters (PS2)

Battlefield

Fifa

Championship Manager

Tekken

Burnout & Need for Speed- Although haven't really got into the more recently released games

SSX

Star Wars Battlefront

GTA

Killzone

Assassins Creed

 
A Dreamcast fan perhaps? Love the console myself, and indeed we need another Shenmue, I drive a forklift at work, but

it's just not the same! :laugh2:
Shenmue for me was easily the greatest gaming experience I've had. It's such a shame that a 3rd will never be released. Such an epic game!

 
I remember reading early this year that Suzuki had hinted he was buying the rights from Sega to make 3, but I dont know if it ever happened.

 
I loved the Dreamcast I hated the news when I heard sega wasn't going to make any more consoles. Shenmue 3 it would be great but last I heard was the same as you dkw.

And Skies of Arcadia was a great RPG.

I did read that Sega teased us early this year with a Shenmue HD and Skies of Arcadia HD not sure how true this is but it would be great for both games.

 
I loved the Dreamcast I hated the news when I heard sega wasn't going to make any more consoles. Shenmue 3 it would be great but last I heard was the same as you dkw.

And Skies of Arcadia was a great RPG.

I did read that Sega teased us early this year with a Shenmue HD and Skies of Arcadia HD not sure how true this is but it would be great for both games.
Yeah I heard that as well about the HD remake, Jet Set Radio is about to be released. Hopefully Shenmue being put on the marketplaces for consoles would revive its interests. Easily in my opinion the greatest single player game experience there is to have.

 
I used to love the Gran Turismo series. The last one I played was Gran Turismo 3.

Race Driver: Grid is a great racing game aswell. Grid 2 is coming out in 2013 which should be pretty awesome considering it will be 5 years since Grid was released.

EDIT

Just checked and GT3 came out 11 years ago, it really doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sega Megadrive was cool. Especially that racing game where you were mini cars racing along breakfast tables and whatnot.

 
Micro Machines? Yeah, great after pub game that with a load of mates, had such a good laugh on it.

For those who like Metal Gear Solid, you will be happy to know a film is being made of it........Just as long as Uwe Boll is kept as far away from it as possible.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top