Ad

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andy2461
  • Start date Start date
Hello Mod

Not a major thing, but do you know why the " clear previous draft" option sometimes disappears instantly before I can press it ?

Btw, I use the forum a lot , so I was hoping that maybe the income from ads might outweigh an AD free subscription ? Anyway, once I'm flush I might do that . Thanks ,take care mate.

 
The ads on this site are absolutely f*cking mental.

£34 a year to turn them off... To access a forum? Seems mad.
Access costs nothing; the ads have always been active since it started. It was only cause @just (I think it was.... #BlameJust) suggested to have the option a few years ago, so it was added. People could go Ad-free if they wanted to or carry on as they were, there was no requirement for anything, and I don't even think 95% noticed it was even an option. The forum is relying on revenue more than it ever has since the early days, as everything is more expensive now.

I am more surprised that some were actually happy to block ads on this site, then moan about it when the blocker no longer works.

The only thing I can do is trim the quantity back, maybe within the threads, so it's not as distracting. For the record, I am not in the ad-free group.

The subscription is literally just over 9p a day, and you see no ads at all. The ads don't even get called in that group, so things are faster too. But.... I'm not here to promote or sell it; it isn't a money maker! Just an option.

Hello Mod

Not a major thing, but do you know why the " clear previous draft" option sometimes disappears instantly before I can press it ?

Btw, I use the forum a lot , so I was hoping that maybe the income from ads might outweigh an AD free subscription ? Anyway, once I'm flush I might do that . Thanks ,take care mate.
Hey mate, I'm not sure about the draft thing as I don't use them, but I'll have a look to see if there is a known issue with it on the software. It sounds to me more like a browser issue?

I don't really know about the balance between the Ads outweighing it. The revenue can go up and down, more so down, since the sanctions plus Google changes its algorithm a lot, which affects things. If subscription is around 9p a day, it would be more than 1 member's ad impressions per day.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Without ads there wouldn't be a forum. Unless you expect @Mod to finance the place entirely out of his own pocket.
Equally without users there will be no forum. I wouldn't expect anyone to pay for everything here out of their own pockets. Equally I wouldn't expect to have to pay £34 to access a forum. The adverts on here are the worst and most intrusive I can remember seeing on a website.

 
Equally without users there will be no forum. I wouldn't expect anyone to pay for everything here out of their own pockets. Equally I wouldn't expect to have to pay £34 to access a forum. The adverts on here are the worst and most intrusive I can remember seeing on a website.
As Mod mentioned, you have free access, those horrible ads (that are a fact of life practically everywhere) is what you have to put up in return. Suck it up, soldier!

Or help Mod find new ways to generate money to pay the bills.

 
It was only cause @just (I think it was.... #BlameJust) suggested to have the option a few years ago, so it was added.
I begged repeatedly because the site was unusable on mobile with all those pesky ads! I demand the blame!

 
Unfortunately all I think I am going to have to leave the Forum.

I thoroughly enjoy posting here and reading comments from the majority of the community, even more so now if that idiot Clownlake has gone. However this ad blocker business is now making it impossible to navigate and to post on this website.

Even if I knew how to turn the ad blockers off I probably wouldn't anyway. This site has adverts at the top of, and throughout every page as it is. I am inundated with pointless Temu, etc adverts at every step even with the blocker on. No way would I let even more come flooding through. I have only been on an hour and my security settings is already saying its blocked 1,200 adverts.

I am using my Samsung S6 Lite tablet having already got to the point where I cannot physically access the site any more on my Samsung S21 phone.

Sadly I think it's defeated me. Maresca frustrates me enough as it is without the site bloody preventing me from venting as well.

If things improve I will definitely be back. Bye for now all.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
So pay to go ad-free. You'll miss us if you're not!
I probably would if I thought it was guaranteed to stop this happening but as I get numerous ads even with the ad blocker supposedly on, I've no real confidence that paying to go ad free would definitely occur.

 
I probably would if I thought it was guaranteed to stop this happening but as I get numerous ads even with the ad blocker supposedly on, I've no real confidence that paying to go ad free would definitely occur.
Then it's definitely you, you must be a marketeer's wet dream 😃

I'm ad free and I only get ads when I'm not logged in. Once I've given Mod any secret information I have, no ads.

Come on, don't go!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Then it's definitely you, you must be a marketeer's wet dream 😃

I'm ad free and I only get ads when I'm not logged in. Once I've given Mod any secret information I have, no ads.

Come on, don't go!
I pay too and I'm ad-free on signing in. There is the occasional glitch but clearing the browser cache seems to fix things.

 
Never had any problems with the ad free sub. If you’re really worried about it not working for some mad reason I’m sure @Mod would let you have a test run first. He is actually a reasonable guy despite his public facing persona…

 
AF members see no ads at all (even the ads to the megastore), that group doesn’t even have function to hide them, they just don’t call to load in that group whatsoever so there isn’t even blank spaces!

I appreciate that it may come as a surprise if ad blockers have been used before, and suddenly ads load again, but we can’t financially sustain without them. Even with them, donations and AF subs are needed to continue. There is a bill for $200 just next month!

 
AF members see no ads at all (even the ads to the megastore), that group doesn’t even have function to hide them, they just don’t call to load in that group whatsoever so there isn’t even blank spaces!

I appreciate that it may come as a surprise if ad blockers have been used before, and suddenly ads load again, but we can’t financially sustain without them. Even with them, donations and AF subs are needed to continue. There is a bill for $200 just next month!
The glitch I referred to earlier struck again this morning. Attempting to sign in, I got the blue ad block denial screen. Out of interest I turned off all ad lockers (site is whitelisted anyway) including Nord's DNS filtering. Refreshed. Got the blue screen again. Cleared the Chrome cache. Refreshed. No blue screen. Turned everything back on again. Refreshed. No problems.

 
That's better than what I get.

69ff28cc-9e83-46d0-8a74-a32e1e885256.jpg


 
Back
Top