Armando Broja

Get ready to cheer goals for us the future by a former "scummer" @Munkworth

200.gif


Armando Broja, remember the name.

 
He did pretty well on loan to Vitesse last season too. He should be ready to compete for a first team place after this loan, and I hope he is part of our squad next season.

 
He should never have been allowed to leave on loan, especially after we sold Tammy also. If we had him at the club during a season we knew was going to be filled with disruption, players getting injured from over use, Covid etc then he would have played 20 games or so, which would have been ideal for him and us.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Oli
He should never have been allowed to leave on loan, especially after we sold Tammy also. If we had him at the club during a season we knew was going to be filled with disruption, players getting injured from over use, Covid etc then he would have played 20 games or so, which would have been ideal for him and us.
Could definitly have used him. But I think there is something to be said for playing week in week out and get a rhytmn and confidence that you can be a star striker in the Premier League as he's currently doing for Southampton. There is quite a big difference between that and mainly coming off the bench at Chelsea.

By the looks of it he's getting better and better over there and who knows, he may even be ready to be a starter here at Chelsea when he returns. Only 20 years old as well. Been super impressed with him.

 
Could definitly have used him. But I think there is something to be said for playing week in week out and get a rhytmn and confidence that you can be a star striker in the Premier League as he's currently doing for Southampton. There is quite a big difference between that and mainly coming off the bench at Chelsea.

By the looks of it he's getting better and better over there and who knows, he may even be ready to be a starter here at Chelsea when he returns. Only 20 years old as well. Been super impressed with him.
Yeah I definitely get that, and if we had kept Tammy then I would have been 100% behind the loan. I just thought it was a mistake to sell one and loan the other in a season where we knew we needed a deep squad, and Lukaku was literally the only out and out striker we had. Especially when you watch Broja and he is so different to all our other attackers in that he is a big powerful guy, able to muscle defenders etc. 

 
  • Like
Reactions: Oli
Yeah I definitely get that, and if we had kept Tammy then I would have been 100% behind the loan. I just thought it was a mistake to sell one and loan the other in a season where we knew we needed a deep squad, and Lukaku was literally the only out and out striker we had. Especially when you watch Broja and he is so different to all our other attackers in that he is a big powerful guy, able to muscle defenders etc. 
Yeah I agree with that. In hindsight we should have kept one of them.

In addition to what you said about Broja he's also rapid and got excellent technique and first touch. The fans over at Southampton seem confident he'll go to the very top and I can't say I disagree. He looks like the real deal.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/topic/58861-armando-broja/page/9/#comments

 
FI5TTa2XoAQ0rMi.jpeg

My worry is the price tag of our record signing is going to turn this into another Torres/Sturridge situation.

 
Only half way through the season lets see how injuries and Lukaku's form progress.

I certainly want him as a striker for us though he may want guarantees before committing. 

 
Yeah I definitely get that, and if we had kept Tammy then I would have been 100% behind the loan. I just thought it was a mistake to sell one and loan the other in a season where we knew we needed a deep squad, and Lukaku was literally the only out and out striker we had. Especially when you watch Broja and he is so different to all our other attackers in that he is a big powerful guy, able to muscle defenders etc. 
I think we should have kept Tammy 1 more season. Lukaku is currently our only natural center forward. Havertz and Werner can play in that role but I don't think it is their best position.

 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
Only half way through the season lets see how injuries and Lukaku's form progress.

I certainly want him as a striker for us though he may want guarantees before committing. 
Guarantees of what? He has a contract till 2026. I hope he integrates into the team next year as 2nd choice. 

 
please one of you tell me what is exactly the situation about broja

he is on loan, right? and southampton want to pay to get him definitily, right? how many years he has with us?

 
please one of you tell me what is exactly the situation about broja

he is on loan, right? and southampton want to pay to get him definitily, right? how many years he has with us?
He's on loan with no option to buy.

 
Southampton exploring a deal to sign him in the summer potentially....surely we don't agree to this, like I'm all for him to go on loan again next season if he won't be getting regular playtime but not permanently just look at the last two players we let go Lamptey and Tino they're arguably the best players in their respective teams now.

 
Southampton exploring a deal to sign him in the summer potentially....surely we don't agree to this, like I'm all for him to go on loan again next season if he won't be getting regular playtime but not permanently just look at the last two players we let go Lamptey and Tino they're arguably the best players in their respective teams now.
Would be crazy to sell him at this point. Although the difference here is he just signed a new 5 year deal. Lamptey and Tino were close to end of contracts so we had no real leverage when it came to cutting a decent deal.

 
Would be crazy to sell him at this point. Although the difference here is he just signed a new 5 year deal. Lamptey and Tino were close to end of contracts so we had no real leverage when it came to cutting a decent deal.
I would love to say no chance as I rate him highly however we have seen other talented youngester leave so we never know, especially with Lukaku in his spot.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Oli
Back
Top