BlueCo buy Chelsea FC

There is a user, though I forgot his name I'm sure he lives in Roman's private wine cellar. He should know if it's time for Roman to sell the club, my suggestion is that everyone start to save 20cents each week starting from today tomorrow and lets see where we at in a year #Sarriout #Romanout #everyoneout #oldlogoisbetter #makebluesgreatagain

:face_palm:

 
Are you on drugs, or live life in a 'Chelsea blue'  haze, that ground is fabulous, even if the team are sh*tes
1 - it’s horrible over schedule due to it being a piece of sh*t

2 - nothing works

3 - it’s a soulless bowl

4 - it looks like a bedpan

5 - it’s in the worst part of London 

In cuckoo land that ground is great and has no flaws, they've even finished second again making a great new DVD. In real life though, the ground is in debt, not opened yet, and they're still playing in Wembley. 

Sometimes it is a shock to come in here  :face_palm:
Even their own stadium couldn’t get over the line and came second, there will be a dvd of it being built soon. 

 
Anyone else of the opinion that it's time for Roman to sell up? I would like someone else at the helm, as the club seems to be a rudderless ship at the moment. 
Why does it seem a rudderless ship to you, or is it merely that you don't like the decisions taken? BTW the word "seem" means that it actually may not be rudderless. Disappointing results and failure to buy Messi and Neymar do not equate a rudderless ship. And do you have any suggestions who the ideal new owner should be, who would give you what you want and apparently think are entitled to? Chances are it would be some faceless oil state-y conglomerate. Would that push the club forwards, do you think?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I don’t think Roman is a problem, the board is.

We clearly have money, when we can afford to spunk money on the likes of Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Morata etc. We seem to be self sufficient when it comes to transfers etc nowadays.

The stadium though, I have no idea.
Roman put that board in place though, so I'm not sure how you can separate the two. 

We have no direction. I don't know if the club know what direction they want to take us, and where our ambitions lie. 

We had a clear strategy for the first 8-10 years, we wanted to be the best. 

Now I'm not sure whether we are just content with being a top 4 side. 

I think this uncertainty comes from the top down, I think Roman isn't sure what he wants to do with the club. 

 
Roman put that board in place though, so I'm not sure how you can separate the two. 

We have no direction. I don't know if the club know what direction they want to take us, and where our ambitions lie. 

We had a clear strategy for the first 8-10 years, we wanted to be the best. 

Now I'm not sure whether we are just content with being a top 4 side. 

I think this uncertainty comes from the top down, I think Roman isn't sure what he wants to do with the club. 
Exactly, we know nothing. That includes not knowing a switch of ownership would solve any problem that may or may not exist.

 
Roman put that board in place though, so I'm not sure how you can separate the two. 

We have no direction. I don't know if the club know what direction they want to take us, and where our ambitions lie. 

We had a clear strategy for the first 8-10 years, we wanted to be the best. 

Now I'm not sure whether we are just content with being a top 4 side. 

I think this uncertainty comes from the top down, I think Roman isn't sure what he wants to do with the club. 
* Roman put the board in place - The board did a good job as far as negotiating the players sales - the problem is the scouts and they are poor at identifying players.

* What do you mean by direction ? What direction are the clubs in and why do you feel ours is different ? 

* The first 8-10 years, there were not so many uber-rich owners/sponsorship deals - so it was easier to compete. Now, it is harder. Also, Financial Fairplay is something that this club takes seriously and also we are trying to move to a new stadium which also requires funds.

 
* Roman put the board in place - The board did a good job as far as negotiating the players sales - the problem is the scouts and they are poor at identifying players.

* What do you mean by direction ? What direction are the clubs in and why do you feel ours is different ? 

* The first 8-10 years, there were not so many uber-rich owners/sponsorship deals - so it was easier to compete. Now, it is harder. Also, Financial Fairplay is something that this club takes seriously and also we are trying to move to a new stadium which also requires funds.
You attack Chelsea's scouts, but the club signed 

De Bruyne for 7 million

Lukaku for 10 million

Salah for 11 million

If Jose had not got rid of those 3 bargains, I doubt you would be attacking the clubs scouts.  

 
* Roman put the board in place - The board did a good job as far as negotiating the players sales - the problem is the scouts and they are poor at identifying players.

* What do you mean by direction ? What direction are the clubs in and why do you feel ours is different ? 

* The first 8-10 years, there were not so many uber-rich owners/sponsorship deals - so it was easier to compete. Now, it is harder. Also, Financial Fairplay is something that this club takes seriously and also we are trying to move to a new stadium which also requires funds.
By direction I mean from 2011-2014 We signed an array of attacking young players, then brought in manager in mourinho, that did not suit the squad we built. 

We then actually do some decent business win a league title, and when the squad needs some refreshing, we bring in players that just aren't good enough. 

Conte comes in and again we do decent business win a league title, then this time we spend money, mostly over paying for that were better than the ones they replaced. 

Now we have brought in sarri.

So in 6 years, we have gone from buying young attacking players with high potential, to buying hard working players in their prime for mourinho, then we targeted players that could play 343, now we are signing technical players to play sarri ball.

That is why the squad is a complete mish mash.

Yes the scouting could be better, FFP is a hindrance although we are starting to fall behind spurs and Liverpool so I'm not sure that is a valid reason. 

 
Yeah, the worst thing we can do is sack Sarri and get a different coach in imo.

If we’re going to sack Sarri eventually then we best get a coach who is also attack minded otherwise our squad would just be in the same boat

 
Yeah, the worst thing we can do is sack Sarri and get a different coach in imo.

If we’re going to sack Sarri eventually then we best get a coach who is also attack minded otherwise our squad would just be in the same boat
That's it mate. There needs to be long term strategy and philosophy, United are in the same boat from having similar issues. 

I think we won 2 league titles in spite of our planning. 

Stability isn't just about not sacking managers every year, it's about having direction and putting things in place to keep us on that path. 

I don't know if Roman has lost interest, it's impossible to know. I think that he unsure about where he wants us to be in 5 years time. 

I wouldn't want to see him sell up, but I hope he starts to learn from previous mistakes, and also look at the success from models used by our rivals. If we aren't going to spend our way out of trouble then we need to look at how teams like Atlético and Liverpool operate, and we need to plan better and spend smarter. 

 
I really think a director of football would help. I think the club need to focus on young technical players with some speed. Look how hazard de bruyne salah have flourished. Im not really sure what happened the summer conte won the league. Spending vast amounts of money on sub standard players, maybe the board were trying to spite conte. We were also linked with the worst strikers under the sun the following January. 

As for the initial question, Roman was the best thing that ever happened to this club. Just look at the amount we have won since he took over. I for one cant thank him enough. Its just a shame relations with Russia have soured. Lets not forget his attendances at Stamford Bridge.

 
I would say that Chelsea have been just as good for Roman as he has been for us. We gave him some legitimacy when people were beginning to question the Oligarchs.

I think his nose is obviously out of joint at the moment however I’d say the governments decision on all the Russians is justified after the events of last year.

It would be nice to hear from him now & again, I really think he needs to look at the board & see if it’s working on the football side & not just the business side. A director of football is an absolute must.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's time for Roman to hand pick a few players and sign them like he did in the past and choose some new leaders for the squad.

By the end of the summer ManU,Mancity will end up spending £200m each, so Roman needs to go big, we got Kepa,Pulisic but we need 1 more defender, 2 more midfielders and at least 1 striker.

 
I would say that Chelsea have been just as good for Roman as he has been for us. We gave him some legitimacy when people were beginning to question the Oligarchs.

I think his nose is obviously out of joint at the moment however I’d say the governments decision on all the Russians is justified after the events of last year.

It would be nice to hear from him now & again, I really think he needs to look at the board & see if it’s working on the football side & not just the business side. A director of football is an absolute must.
“ An riddle, wrapped in mystery, inside an enigma” 

Churchills words on Russia almost 75 years ago. Not much has changed.

Roman makes Harpo Marx seem trappy.

 
Would hate the thought of a new owner, as it could all be so much worse.  I think City can easily blow us out of the water in transfers so maybe Roman is cooling off for a while. 

I do worry about a few things,  the stadium in particular though. Those new stadium plans looked amazing, it could transcend us to a new level for the future and it doesn't look like its feasible any time soon. If we don't do something we will be left behind. We wont be as attractive a pull for new players, we'll be missing out on about £1.5M in gate receipts each home game too without the 20,000 extra seats. 

Roman has been effectively exiled from the UK and now living / been given citizenship in Israel last I read. 

The board as well come across as a bit toxic and it seems to feed down to a weird atmosphere at the club, no doubt a lot of throat slitters.

We don't know what we are getting each week with Chelsea, it is a strange phase we are in. 

 
It is a shame about the stadium but I can see where Roman is coming from 100%. 

If this Brexit bullsh*t ever happens they’ll be begging him and his fortune to return  :laugh2:

 
Hope that Roman stays. If we would get owners like at Arsenal and Man United than we would be doomed.

 
Back
Top