Cult TV series.

Not sure if this is the right place but has anyone else seen Penny Dreadul?

Three episodes in and this sh*t is f**ked up!!! Enjoyable though!

 
Not sure if this is the right place but has anyone else seen Penny Dreadul?

Three episodes in and this sh*t is f**ked up!!! Enjoyable though!
I watched it last year and quite enjoyed it. I seem to remember it being surprisingly slow moving with a lot of character development, but that's not necessarily a criticism.

 
I saw it when it first aired on BBC2, all those years ago. Got the boxset, I always give it a watch at least once every year, brilliant series, though hardly cult!

The follow-up, The Pacific, is nowhere near as good.
I agree...which is a shame as i feel what happened in the pacific campaign was just as brutal or even worse. 

 
Two great comedies, Drop the Dead Donkey and The New Statesman are being repeated on TV. Written and performed in the late eighties an early nineties but the storylines and the politics then aren't that much different from now.

 
Two great comedies, Drop the Dead Donkey and The New Statesman are being repeated on TV. Written and performed in the late eighties an early nineties but the storylines and the politics then aren't that much different from now.
Drop The Dead Donkey was wonderful! So glad to hear it's being repeated.

 
Agreed. The Duchess goes a bit gaga over Neil Pearson.

You've been missed Moi, hope your time away was good for you.

 
Agreed. The Duchess goes a bit gaga over Neil Pearson.

You've been missed Moi, hope your time away was good for you.
I clearly have a lot in common with the Duchess!

I have had and am still having a great time! In Wales at the moment, and leaving for Totnes tomorrow, then on to Cornwall on Wednesday and back home to Brittany next Monday.

I'll be glad to get back to my computer. Kindle is OK, but not the same.

 
I had to take a week off of work last week and because I was in doors quite a bit I gave Sons of Anarchy a try on Netflix. 

The concept didn't really appeal to me but with little else to do I gave it a try, needless to say I'm already up to season 3 and I'm really enjoying it. 

 
If anyone missed the pilot of "Fortitude" on Sky, they've put the 1st episode on Youtube. It's a bit of a slow start, but I really enjoyed it. 

http://youtu.be/hGN87e6fKUM
Watched the first episode it's got a vibe similar to the film The Thing. Really on the fence on this one. The first episode was far to long with to many ooh what lovely scenery shots.

 
After the second episode it seems there's a tonne of subplots which worries me a bit, hopefully it will be good, definitely sticking with it for now.

 
Ladies and gentleman, meet Frank Underwolf:


I’m not sure that the kids understood half of it but I’m absolutely loving this :D

 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: moi
I was half way through critiquing The House Of Cards when i noticed the Sesame Street logo !.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Twin Peaks is f**king amazing. There's a third season in the works at the moment with many of the original cast returning, unfortunately David Lynch has pulled out of directing for financial reasons.

 
I hope Robot Wars takes up so much of Jonathan Pearce's time that he can't commentate on any more Chelsea matches.

Glad it's back though. When it was on telly I went on a school trip where we met the blokes that made 'Razor' and then watched them make it destroy a load of car doors. Those guys were mega-nerds.

 
Back
Top