bluedave
Gold Member
- Messages
- 6,490
- Reaction score
- 4,511
I also thought Dexter went downhill quickly after the first 3 or 4 seasons (the first few seasons are some of my favourite TV) so I'm not sure I'll even bother watching the last one.
The Wire was absolutely brilliant in my opinion and fully deserves all the praise it gets, although it took me most of the first season to realise as it takes quite a long time to get going.
At the moment I'm really enjoying Peaky Blinders on BBC2, a drama about criminal gangs in Birmingham in the 1920s. It's supposedly based on fact (the gang was known as the "Peaky Blinders" on account of the razor blades they hid in the peaks of their flat caps) and most of the gangsters are disaffected young veterans from WW1. I think the people behind the show must be big fans of Boardwalk Empire because its influence really shows through, which is no bad thing.
The Wire was absolutely brilliant in my opinion and fully deserves all the praise it gets, although it took me most of the first season to realise as it takes quite a long time to get going.
At the moment I'm really enjoying Peaky Blinders on BBC2, a drama about criminal gangs in Birmingham in the 1920s. It's supposedly based on fact (the gang was known as the "Peaky Blinders" on account of the razor blades they hid in the peaks of their flat caps) and most of the gangsters are disaffected young veterans from WW1. I think the people behind the show must be big fans of Boardwalk Empire because its influence really shows through, which is no bad thing.
Last edited by a moderator: