FIFA 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for you guys -- when you play online as Chelsea, do you leave Luiz at CB? It seems like I have to move him out to RB and put Ivanovic or Alex in the middle, or else I start leaking goals. Luiz's work rate is rated "high" for both offensive and defensive (as is Essien), so if I leave them both in their default spots, they often go charging up the pitch when I have the ball......but leave a MASSIVE hole right down the middle if the opponent counter attacks.
I play...

---------------------Cech--------------------

Branna-----Luiz----------JT----------Ash

--------------------Essien-------------------

----------------------------Lamps--------

------Zhirkov-------------------------------

------------------------------------Malouda

-----------Drogba------Torres------------

My own formation (well, its a standard formation but it's tweaked a little) - and it works for me. Both full backs bomb forward but if I lose the ball Essien (and then Ramires if I have to sub Ess coz he's tired or booked) is ALWAYS there to cover. Don't know if I'm lucky or not but I'm rarely caught on the counter or left with wholes in the defence.

 
I play...

---------------------Cech--------------------

Branna-----Luiz----------JT----------Ash

--------------------Essien-------------------

----------------------------Lamps--------

------Zhirkov-------------------------------

------------------------------------Malouda

-----------Drogba------Torres------------
Interesting. I typically go with:

-------------------------Cech--------------------------

Luiz-----------Alex-----------------JT----------Cole

---------------------------------------------------------

------------------------Essien-------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

----------Ramires---------------Malouda-----------

----------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------Lamps------------------------

--------------Torres---------------Drogba-----------

I also have a slight tweaked version of that where Essien plays RM, Mikel plays CDM, and Ramires goes to the bench. Also, Drogba's position is just slightly behind Torres, and Malouda moves out wider and little more forward.

I would like to leave Luiz in the middle, because his speed is better suited to running down strikers on a break than Alex, Brana, or JT. But as I said, he and Essien for some reason like bomb forward and leave a gaping hole right in the middle. If the opponent gets in there with two forwards, I'm boned, because Terry can't cover both.

I occasionally use the 4-2-3-1, like this:

---------------------------Cech---------------------------

Luiz--------------Alex------------JT---------------Cole

-------------------Essien-----------Ramires------------

------------------------Lamps----------------------------

------Malouda-------------------------------Kalou------

-------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------Torres/Drogba-------------------

The good side is that the defense is usually air tight. But the drawback is that it's not terribly offensive minded, and it means leaving one of my 85+ rated strikers on the bench.

 
I would like to leave Luiz in the middle, because his speed is better suited to running down strikers on a break than Alex, Brana, or JT. But as I said, he and Essien for some reason like bomb forward and leave a gaping hole right in the middle. If the opponent gets in there with two forwards, I'm boned, because Terry can't cover both.
Can't you tweak his offense/defense workrate to fix that?

As for me, I start off with

-------------------------Cech--------------------------

Bosingwa-------Luiz-------------JT----------Cole

---------------------------------------------------------

------------------------Essien-------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

----------Ramires---------------Lampard----------

----------------------------------------------------------

----Malouda---------------------------Torres-------

------------------------Drogba------------------------

and often end up with

-------------------------Cech--------------------------

Bosingwa-----Luiz------------Cole------Zhirkov

---------------------------------------------------------

------------------------Essien-------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

----------Anelka---------------Malouda-----------

----------------------------------------------------------

----Sturridge-----------------------------Torres----

-----------------------Drogba-------------------------

Always play with inside forwards. Cutting inside and curling/crossing is pretty much all I(can) do. Cole at centre back maybe a bit weird, but I like having pace at the back.

 
Yes, I can edit Luiz' work rate to be medium on offense, and I've done that in certain formations. It makes a difference in terms of him staying back, but I feel like it also negatively impacts his aggressiveness.

I, too, often reverse my wing players to get a righty on the left and a lefty on the right. I like having my strong feet lined up at the goal if I want to cut back in.

But for the life of me I can't make a 4-3-3 work effectively. I can bomb the ball up and hope one of my forwards gets to it first, but I'm terrible at slowly building possession from the back. Seems like I need 4 MF's to do that effectively.

 
given up online now, f**king cheating bar stewards that got pros rated 100+ now its not even funny.. can still beat them but when its only 2 of us the AI dont stand a chance against them so its rather boring to play clubs now..

FIFA 12 please.

 
Anyone up for a game of FIFA 11 on PS3, My username is: Lynchlad

 
Ugh so I am just getting tired of this now haha. Started a new Blackpool career mode but transferred all the players I wanted to them first (most of these guys are too young or on loan and therefore unable to buy them).

------Courtois----------

Corchia--Bruma--Rakjovic--PVA

------------Romeu------------

----Josh--------------Thiago A.--

-----------Holtby/Kakuta------

--------Sturridge-----Lukaku----

Looks like a fun team to play with, but I am having trouble with the strikers, which makes no sense because I have used both of them in successful seasons before. Both of them are missing wide open shots and it's getting pretty frustrating.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top