FIFA 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine it would be easier to defend using a joystick as you can bring more fingers into play. At least I hope so thats why I have ordered a usb joystick.
Haven't played this year's version and I may give it a miss. For someone who has switched from PC to console I can speak for myself that I find playing on the console far easier than on the keyboard. That is precisely one of the reasons I fail at gaming events that use keyboards.

 
Fifa 12 is stupid game for single player and I'm uninstalling it already.

 
Oh yes , I m bored too . I m losing all times in legendary mode , that was the mode I was successful in FIFA 11 .

Even Peter Crouch is dribbling past 3-4 chelsea defenders , terrible !

 
Didn't you used to be able to change a player's nationality in Edit Player? The US has several players that recently declared themselves for the US but FIFA won't let me change it from German. Hope that doesn't get overlooked in the next big patch.

 
Oh yes , I m bored too . I m losing all times in legendary mode , that was the mode I was successful in FIFA 11 .

Even Peter Crouch is dribbling past 3-4 chelsea defenders , terrible !
That is plain stupid on the part of the game designers, isn't it? The last thing you want while playing a football video game is to have 20-30 percent possession and defend defend defend all the time. I'm sure the intent was to make is hard so as to keep the interest but it has surely backfired? I'm sure the multiplayer version would be good but I havent tried it and the poor broadband speed in my country would ensure I wouldnt be able to in the near future.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fifa 12 is stupid game for single player and I'm uninstalling it already.
It is incredibly frustrating chasing shadows for most of the match. I heard there is a way to change back to the old defensive system though?

 
It is incredibly frustrating chasing shadows for most of the match. I heard there is a way to change back to the old defensive system though?
Its not about how you defend. I have changed to legacy defending but its still extremely hard to get the ball off the opposition without going into rash challenges as the AI players dribble a lot. Maybe the new defending style is indeed the way to go about it but it'll take some effort to master it and clearly I've run out of patience.

 
If you get them near the touchline, they will jog up and down for 5 - 10 game minutes unless you make a rash challenge and allow them to escape or get a free kick lol

 
Looks like EA have overcooked Fifa this time around, anyone out there who has played PES this year?

 
Looks like EA have overcooked Fifa this time around, anyone out there who has played PES this year?
I reckon they have nailed it. It is a definite upgrade on fifa 11, no doubt about it

 
I reckon they have nailed it. It is a definite upgrade on fifa 11, no doubt about it
I agree, best FIFA game I've played. I think once you get used to defending it really isn't that hard, I don't get one player beating 3 or 4 of my players anymore. If you double up on those players by pressing R2 (I think) and don't go in for the tackle, they will twist to get past one defender but walk into the second and you get the ball back. I also change every other second from pressing R2 to L2 and visa versa, depending on what the attacker is doing. Also got to be ready to sprint incase they do beat you but quickly double up with another player.

Still can't take penalties though!!! Straight down the middle or high, wide and handsome.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The last 4 out of 4 have quit on me tonight, ridiculous - bottlers everywhere.

 
I agree, best FIFA game I've played. I think once you get used to defending it really isn't that hard, I don't get one player beating 3 or 4 of my players anymore. If you double up on those players by pressing R2 (I think) and don't go in for the tackle, they will twist to get past one defender but walk into the second and you get the ball back. I also change every other second from pressing R2 to L2 and visa versa, depending on what the attacker is doing. Also got to be ready to sprint incase they do beat you but quickly double up with another player.

Still can't take penalties though!!! Straight down the middle or high, wide and handsome.
I always aim above the keeper and under the bar with my penalties, If you put a bit of power behind it then 9 times out of 10 it will go in. If your playing someone online that is because people never dive up with their keepers.

I cant comment on single player as I never play it, I play online a lot. I like to think myself as a decent player as I am in division 1 but you get way too much Barcelona/Real Madrid teams online its depressing.

The gameplay has improved a lot since the last one but for me the worst thing about this fifa is the referee. You very rarely get any free kick chances in this game because they never give anything except for the petty tackles.

 
Assassins Creed out this week. FIFA is going in the draw for a while.

Thanks for the defending tips as well Gem. I have a friend who always beats me, but I got the better of him finally using your tactic.

Also I'm finding penalties harder, in that diving up is easier now. It's very hard when you have poor takers I find.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The last 4 out of 4 have quit on me tonight, ridiculous - bottlers everywhere.
You should give ultimate team a go. No matter how much you are winning by people never quit. Every game you finish adds up in a streak which multiplies the amount of coins you get at the end of the match. Been an absolute revelation for me in fifa discovering it.

As for penalties i find a lot of power and instead of holding the stick down give it a few solid taps to the side, usually aim mine high just to the side of the keeper. Sounds a bit dorky but the way i managed to get the hang of it was just being in the arena and when you take a penalty press L2 so the dot comes up that shows where your shot is going

 
Assassins Creed out this week. FIFA is going in the draw for a while.

Thanks for the defending tips as well Gem. I have a friend who always beats me, but I got the better of him finally using your tactic.

Also I'm finding penalties harder, in that diving up is easier now. It's very hard when you have poor takers I find.
Thats good, coz I didn't think what I wrote made any sense :biggrin:

I need some tips on penalties! I missed 2 again last night :sad: I need to know when to press the direction button, how long to hold the O down for and when to stop the little marker that goes back and forth between the green, yellow and red.

EDIT: Ooooh Sals, love it - will give that a go, cheers!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
You should give ultimate team a go. No matter how much you are winning by people never quit. Every game you finish adds up in a streak which multiplies the amount of coins you get at the end of the match. Been an absolute revelation for me in fifa discovering it.

As for penalties i find a lot of power and instead of holding the stick down give it a few solid taps to the side, usually aim mine high just to the side of the keeper. Sounds a bit dorky but the way i managed to get the hang of it was just being in the arena and when you take a penalty press L2 so the dot comes up that shows where your shot is going
Was a revelation for me for a while too...

However, every time I got my DNF up, I had a random disconnect (never during a game...right after, as it's loading ultimate team home page again). Eventually I got on a streak of 25 odd games without issue to get it up to 1.25 again. Then, 3 disconnects in a row.

I have quit now, because I'm too pissed off to build it up from 0.5.

 
Probably the best fifa I've played. But I find the sliding tackle to be a bit frustrating. Its so soft that half the time, even when I make a successful challenge the opponent just gets up and goes past me.

Oh, and Danny Sturridge is incredible on this game. Every shot with his left seems top go in.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Found some spare time to play some online clubs with my mate and to be fair clubs is the only reason im playing! its the best game mode in the whole game and you actually play for something all the time if you do the cup mode, so frustrating to lose.

 
Found some spare time to play some online clubs with my mate and to be fair clubs is the only reason im playing! its the best game mode in the whole game and you actually play for something all the time if you do the cup mode, so frustrating to lose.
100% Agreed. Pro clubs is the future of all sports video games, and pretty much the formula for the most successful online games (being able to compete with friends against other teams/squads of friends....see COD/MW and parties etc)

My pro club is Cali Dreaming707 and we have a blast even though we have a small roster.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top