Fifa 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious of people's thoughts about it this time around. The OP heading and through balls seem to get on my nerve even in division 3....
Yeah very infuriating. Especially over the top through ball. I try and play it like a game of football. But to many play it like a football simulator which is annoying.

What is your team like? Mine is purposely crap. Makes it a lot more fun.

 
Yeah very infuriating. Especially over the top through ball. I try and play it like a game of football. But to many play it like a football simulator which is annoying.What is your team like? Mine is purposely crap. Makes it a lot more fun.
I use a BuLi team since coins are hard to come by of:

Adler

Piszceck, Boateng, Badstuber,Jansen

Martinez, L.Bender

Shaqiri, Kroos, Elia

Mandzukic

They get the job done for me. As a personal code of mine i only cross when im losing cause its too easy to in this FIFA especially.

 
My major issue with FIFA is that you can tell when the games are helping or hurting you, especially in FUT. Call it scripting, handicapping, or whatever it is there...

 
Definitely. Take a game I had today. Absolutely dominating. But the guy seemed to be winning every 50/50 and my players were running out of position when he cleared crosses etc.

Then in the 90th min he has a pee roller which my keeper spills . Then it falls to my player, the cursor doesn't change automatically. I change cursor and it goes to somebody out of position. He tackles me and wins 3-2 on his 3rd shot. Many times this type of thing happens in my favour.

Such BS. Scripting is there in UT, but it is damn addictive.

 
I think people over blow the whole scripting thing, if you're doing poorly or lose a game you're far more likely to be rash defensively and play impatiently which will lead to you getting slaughtered by anyone half decent, I rarely lose even in division 1 of seasons (i'm rank 2662 in top 100 right now) and if I do lose I take a 20 minute break so i'm not frustrated for the next one.

 
I think people over blow the whole scripting thing, if you're doing poorly or lose a game you're far more likely to be rash defensively and play impatiently which will lead to you getting slaughtered by anyone half decent, I rarely lose even in division 1 of seasons (i'm rank 2662 in top 100 right now) and if I do lose I take a 20 minute break so i'm not frustrated for the next one.
That is why i mentioned i can also feel when the game is helping me as well as hurting me. Im a pretty good FIFA player but i find it hard to gauge my skills on FUT or seasons....

 
I think people over blow the whole scripting thing, if you're doing poorly or lose a game you're far more likely to be rash defensively and play impatiently which will lead to you getting slaughtered by anyone half decent, I rarely lose even in division 1 of seasons (i'm rank 2662 in top 100 right now) and if I do lose I take a 20 minute break so i'm not frustrated for the next one.
What team do you use...

Is this game any good? Thinking of getting it tommorow.
I wouldn't shell out good money for it, no.

 
What team do you use...
I used Barca for a long time in a 4-3-3 false 9 with a fairly self explanatory line-up. I did really well with that but believed I could find something better, and now i've settled on Germany with a 3-5-2 formation.

-------------------------Neuer------------------------------------

-------Boateng - Mertesacker - Hummels-------------------

--------------Khedira -------- Lahm----------------------------

Sam----------------------------------------------Draxler/Muller/Schurrle

--------------------------Ozil---------------------------------------

--------------------Gotze -----Reus------------------------------

Schwiney and Gundogan aren't in the squad unfortunately but Lahm is brilliant in midfield and Khedira isn't too bad either, i've decided I like him better there than Bender/Bender/Kroos.

Only thing I haven't worked out is who I like best on the left wing out of Schurrle/Draxler/Muller. Muller has the best work-rate and stamina to defend, Schurrle is the paciest and Draxler has the best ball control and passing ability.

Atm i'm going with Draxler.

Only weakness is the lack of a big striker to bring on if the other team defend well and narrowly and force me out wide, Gomez/Klose also aren't in the squad.

I'd only recommend this line up if you like to play quick intricate passing around your attacking players, I rarely cross the ball, rarely lump big through balls and often have a bit of build up about my play, and normally average 60% possession or so.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I could never leave out Kroos. He's too good. Why is Sam in the team? I would think Muller would do a better job on the right, he's a much better passer as well.

As for the strikers. you have Muller, Schurrle and Draxler all 6ft and over and can play upfront. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I generally stay clear of 5 star teams because the games always seem so much more faster than games with 4 star or 4.5 star teams. You actually have time to pass the ball around and pick your chances whereas in 5 star team games everyone just rushes you and, sadly, it works. 

 
I could never leave out Kroos. He's too good. Why is Sam in the team? I would think Muller would do a better job on the right, he's a much better passer as well.As for the strikers. you have Muller, Schurrle and Draxler all 6ft and over and can play upfront. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I generally stay clear of 5 star teams because the games always seem so much more faster than games with 4 star or 4.5 star teams. You actually have time to pass the ball around and pick your chances whereas in 5 star team games everyone just rushes you and, sadly, it works.
EA has designed FIFA that way so the game is fast paced like ping pong or basketball. Personally i would prefer it to be slower and realistic but for the general population(aka little kids)they make it that way...

 
EA has designed FIFA that way so the game is fast paced like ping pong or basketball. Personally i would prefer it to be slower and realistic but for the general population(aka little kids)they make it that way...
No way.

Boring as hell playing on-line with someone who focuses on possession. Counter attacking is the way to go

 
No way.

Boring as hell playing on-line with someone who focuses on possession. Counter attacking is the way to go
Counter attacking is easy, which is why you have so many people doing it online and getting annoyed when people actually try to play passing football because it shows how bad they really are.

 
Counter attacking is easy, which is why you have so many people doing it online and getting annoyed when people actually try to play passing football because it shows how bad they really are.
It's boring. It's not hard. The game favours counter attacking which produces box to box games. Defending is vitally important as is decision making. 

Don't get me wrong, playing short, possession football has it's uses, but to play a whole game focusing on it, is boring as f**k. I've tried doing it a couple of times, but end up just attacking after a few minutes. Boring for me and my opponent. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top