Fifa 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is far too skewed to counterattacking, but not smart counter attacking, just on simple LB Y carves the defence open too easily. Moreover, your players always chose to run in behind, encouraging you to play an overly direct game.

It is still all about pace and having a good headerer as a striker. I would feel very confident of winning with a quick bronze team against a slow gold team. I really wish the game slowed the tempo down a bit and made it less ping pongy.

 
I'm on PS3, EA's server connections are absolutely dire. I've won games and then been randomly disconnected after the final whistle, making it a loss. FUT is really the only thing I play, have two teams on the go. a bundesliga/german one and a premier league one

Bundesliga/ Germany
 

                        Adler
Pisczeck - Subotic - Hummels - Alaba

    Schweinsteiger - Gundogan

Muller       -  Draxler    - Schurrle 

                     Gomez

Does the trick, very very good team for counter attacking, since the full backs can both bomb down the wings. And draxler is crazy good

Premiership Team

                           Cech
Walker - Kompany - Vertonghen - Evra
           

           Javi Garcia - Cabaye
   

    Ben Arfa  -    Oscar    - Willian
                         Jovetic

This one produces very nice passing football, since oscar and jovetic are both excellent short passers, but I find it's hard to beat teams with very fast centre backs.
 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I could never leave out Kroos. He's too good. Why is Sam in the team? I would think Muller would do a better job on the right, he's a much better passer as well.

As for the strikers. you have Muller, Schurrle and Draxler all 6ft and over and can play upfront. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I generally stay clear of 5 star teams because the games always seem so much more faster than games with 4 star or 4.5 star teams. You actually have time to pass the ball around and pick your chances whereas in 5 star team games everyone just rushes you and, sadly, it works. 
I don't start Kroos because I don't really need either of those 2 defensive midfielders to contribute much offensively, Lahm is usually the one I bring forward to the attack because he has good ball control/passing/agility, but also has the pace and stamina to get back and defend against counter attacks.

I also think it's vital to have a big physical DM that can push people off the ball, while he's not as good as Toure or Martinez, Khedira still does an important job, and the benefits of Kroos don't outweigh the fact that hes not strong OR quick which makes him a defensive liability on the counter.

As for Sam, he's the quickest player in the team, he's actually quite fit and has a good workrate and he regularly gets back to help out defending the counter out wide, which is important when i'm playing with a narrow 3 at the back. He's also the only left footer on the team which is important, particularly because he's not a particularly well known player and a lot of people don't know he's left footed. This means that people often show me onto my left foot and i've scored quite a few goals with him.

As for the striking partnership, Muller and Schurrle don't have the ball control or quick passing ability that I need for the style that I play. Generally I play a series of quick short passes between Reus/Ozil/Gotze and wait for their defenders to rush at them, then I just use that passing to play it around them and get in behind. Draxler might actually be a good option up front instead of Gotze so maybe i'll try that.

@everyone else, in most of the divisions and certainly in FUT, it's just pace whores galore. However when you get to div 1/2 in seasons I think it's not as bad. You still get the occasional insufferable idiot who just sprints down the wings with CR7/Bale and crosses it into Benzema repeatedly, but the majority of people I play do attempt to play a possession game and score goals through good play. Simply because once you get to this level, you can usually defend the counters.

 
Just got promoted from the bottom division online on Fifa.

Must admit,I've been a PES fan all my life but I think I may have officially switched to Fifa. It is not as technical but everything works really well and is very smooth. Enjoying it so far.

 
my xbox360 gamertag is eaton099. Anyone wanting to play a FUT match add me. My lineups are (4-2-3-1) Cech; Cole, Luiz, Kompany, Richards; Toure, Fernandinho; Schurrle, Suarez, Nani; Eto'o and (4-2-3-1) Buffon; Criscito, Chiellini, Benatia, Maicon; Marchisio, Vidal; El Shaarawy, Di Natale, Candreva; Balotelli.

 
Just entered the top 1000 players in the world (out of 850,000 or so)

1798593_10203138882377807_1366939345_n.jpg


I'm not entirely sure but I think I may be the highest ranked person in Australia.

I'm at 158 wins - 50 draws - 49 losses

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Jonty!

I sold mine last night for a quick turn around profit of a whole £4.00.

 
I have travelled the world, slept with beautiful women, fallen in love, taken various euphoric drugs, achieved many personal goals, witnessed us do the impossible at Camp Nou and the Allianz, but nothing, and really NOTHING, compared to my feeling at the end of this game:

2wee69e.jpg


He led 3-0 at half time. I tweaked a few things tactically at the half and still believed, however 15 minutes into the 2nd half my main defender got red carded.

He was essentially one of the biggest pace whores i've ever encountered. His only attacking tactic was to sprint down the wing with Bale/Ronaldo/Di Maria and cross it to Benzema, which is how he scored his 1st and 3rd goals. There is no way to stop this happening, I have 3 massive defenders (Mertesacker, Hummels and Boateng), yet twice little Benzema somehow beat them in an aerial duel and scored. His 2nd goal was from a corner (Pepe), also a massive cheap shot.

I was fuming but even when down to 10 men i maintained my passing game, and with each goal I scored he parked the bus more, my equalizer came when I was playing with 10 men vs a 5-4-1.

I don't want to exaggerate but I think this may be the best thing to ever happen on FIFA anywhere. This guy had something like 70 wins, 20 draws and 15 losses, all using Real Madrid (the choice of pace whores everywhere), and even worse he was very good at it.

This isn't just a victory for me, this is a victory for everyone that has ever suffered at the hands of an unskilled twat on any game anywhere.

 
my xbox360 gamertag is eaton099. Anyone wanting to play a FUT match add me. My lineups are (4-2-3-1) Cech; Cole, Luiz, Kompany, Richards; Toure, Fernandinho; Schurrle, Suarez, Nani; Eto'o and (4-2-3-1) Buffon; Criscito, Chiellini, Benatia, Maicon; Marchisio, Vidal; El Shaarawy, Di Natale, Candreva; Balotelli.
would you be up for co-op? We could run CFC....my handle is robdogj

 
Right, I bought Cavani for about £49m on FIFA 14. He is 87, so i thought he'd be excellent.

But to my amazement he is slow and has poor acceleration. His finishing is quite good but I find Torres to be far superior overall.

Any one else noticed this? Seriously considering loaning him out/selling him (doing career mode) and getting another striker in. Suggestions?

 
Luis Muriel and Marco Reus both work excellently as strikers on FIFA 14. Balotelli is also very good.

 
Luis Muriel and Marco Reus both work excellently as strikers on FIFA 14. Balotelli is also very good.
Cheers Jonty, I'll scout them both and put in a cheeky bid for one of them in the summer transfer window!

 
If you can get your hands on Jovetic I would strongly recommend buying him.

 
If you can get your hands on Jovetic I would strongly recommend buying him.
Is he quick, got nimble feet?

Cavani takes an age to pass from his right foot to his left and vice-versa. Total waste of f**king money. He's scored twice in like, 12 games. Not good enough!

 
Is he quick, got nimble feet?

Cavani takes an age to pass from his right foot to his left and vice-versa. Total waste of f**king money. He's scored twice in like, 12 games. Not good enough!
Quick-ish, 80+ pace which is enough. 

His ability on the ball though is what makes him great. Technically he's perfect, few are better in the game. He's got incredible ball control, very good dribbling and his passing is amazing for a striker. 

Did a City save and he went up to 90 OVR so he grows pretty well too. 

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top