Little update on forum

Yes that's what I installed SE is the only site on apple prods I cannot connect to,  annoying as I don't wanna use my ladies phone? 

 
Seems to be a Wi-Fi issue cos I can connect to 4G, I am a bit bamboozled tbh

 
Seems to be a Wi-Fi issue cos I can connect to 4G, I am a bit bamboozled tbh
Not sure if it was you that emailed BB, but you technically aren’t wrong, but it’s not a problem your end so much.

I tested another server on Friday which meant altering the DNS on the domain name temporarily to point at that server. Long story short, that server was terrible! So, I set the DNS to re-point back to where we are.

That can take some time sometimes for your ISP to see that change. For me, it took not even an hour, for others it can take longer. That’s why you can use it fine on 4G but not on your home WiFi. It will definitely come back on your Wifi but it seems to be taking considerably longer for you than others.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it was you that emailed BB, but you technically aren’t wrong, but it’s not a problem your end so much.

I tested another server on Friday which meant altering the DNS on the domain name temporarily to point at that server. Long story short, that server was terrible! So, I set the DNS to re-point back to where we are.

That can take some time sometimes for your ISP to see that change. For me, it took not even an hour, for others it can take longer. That’s why you can use it fine on 4G but not on your home WiFi. It will definitely come back on your Wifi but it seems to be taking considerably longer for you than others.
Certainly was Mod, it worked fine on the Mrs Android, but no luck on my Mac at all, yet

Cheers for the explanation anyway

 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: Mod
You'd better have this sorted before the match, you'll want to read all our highly intelligent remarks IRT!
I can using 4G or 5G, luckily I have unlimited data, so alls good

Chomping for the match day thread, so all the aliens can laser the team as usual

 
Certainly was Mod, it worked fine on the Mrs Android, but no luck on my Mac at all, yet

Cheers for the explanation anyway
You can try deleting cache on your browser and restarting your Mac, and/or just restarting your router. Other than that, it will definitely appear on there shortly.

 
You can try deleting cache on your browser and restarting your Mac, and/or just restarting your router. Other than that, it will definitely appear on there shortly.
Cheers Mod-Rich in useful Tech speak

Thanks

 
  • Like
Reactions: Mod
You were correct back on both apple products through wi-fi,  wipes sweat soaked brow.......

 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: Mod
My friend has been trying to register here and can only see a sign-in and not a sign-up. Is it not working now?

 
It is working, but I turned it off and was going to keep it that way all this season.

It is mainly because people that actually want to register and post/read threads are already here. There is a lot of new members that register just for tickets, post their latest Youtube channel video or just want to talk nonsense to get attention.

Also, I thought it would give people like @coco a break and he can spend more time in his Japanese Garden on a Sunday afternoon!

I will switch it back on again for a week or two, so ask them to try again @CaitlinCFC :good2:

 
It is working, but I turned it off and was going to keep it that way all this season.

It is mainly because people that actually want to register and post/read threads are already here. There is a lot of new members that register just for tickets, post their latest Youtube channel video or just want to talk nonsense to get attention.

Also, I thought it would give people like @coco a break and he can spend more time in his Japanese Garden on a Sunday afternoon!

I will switch it back on again for a week or two, so ask them to try again @CaitlinCFC :good2:
:blush2:

 
  • Haha
Reactions: Mod
It is working, but I turned it off and was going to keep it that way all this season.

It is mainly because people that actually want to register and post/read threads are already here. There is a lot of new members that register just for tickets, post their latest Youtube channel video or just want to talk nonsense to get attention.

Also, I thought it would give people like @coco a break and he can spend more time in his Japanese Garden on a Sunday afternoon!

I will switch it back on again for a week or two, so ask them to try again @CaitlinCFC :good2:
The Japanese garden is being neglected, motorbike is getting all the attention this time of year.☠️

 
  • Like
Reactions: Mod
The Japanese garden is being neglected, motorbike is getting all the attention this time of year.☠️
I know a highly expensive gardener you could hire…

200.gif


 
Back
Top