Marc Cucurella

Here in Spain Cucurella is the face of Yatekomo noodles. Promotional products featuring him everywhere. Nearly fell over a life-size cardboard cut out of him in Consum last week.

Actually, I think he tripped me.

View attachment 41017
I'm very jealous of you retiring to the sun and me still grafting away. Very jealous indeed

 
Absolute f**king twat. Hope Enzo does join the clown at Real Madrid. Both twats won’t be remembered fondly.

Chelsea Football Club should never be treated as a waiting room for another club.

View attachment 40970
From accounts from people who have iteracted with Cucrella all say he's a top individual. A genuinely decent bloke. Certinaly not the best left back weve had but was a bit of a shining light through some attrocious football and scored some winner. He will be welcomed back by me if I see his return to the bridge, I will never say the same of Fernandez.

 
Another Winstanley disasterclass with this sale.

Should have got £60m, minimum.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Another Winstanley disaster class with this sale.

Should have got £60m, minimum.
It could easily have gone the other way in this World Cup.

Cucu does have a lot of weaknesses ... especially defensively. They tend to get disguised by the odd Hollywood block or interception though (as happened in the SF)

 
Not one to defend the SD’s but the sale of Cucu isn’t something we should be lamenting.

He’s an OK LB, nothing special, over the course of a full PL season I think we’d all admit his errors and lack of positional awareness outweigh his Hollywood moments. He’s a YT Highlight player, not a serious footballer.

We looked a lot better toward the end of the year with Hato at LB, whose trajectory is on the increase as opposed to Cucu who is already at his peak.

The sale isn’t an issue. What is an issue is if we go and spend the same amount on an inferior player who isn’t PL proven (see Pep Chavvario)

 
(Autotranslate)

🤫 AND NOW I'LL TELL YOU A SECRET...

⭐️ In 2010 I buried a coin in the grass before starting the match... I've told it millions of times. I asked @cucurella3 to do the same yesterday... Marc, I love you so much. YOU ARE A WORLD CHAMPION!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not one to defend the SD’s but the sale of Cucu isn’t something we should be lamenting.

He’s an OK LB, nothing special, over the course of a full PL season I think we’d all admit his errors and lack of positional awareness outweigh his Hollywood moments. He’s a YT Highlight player, not a serious footballer.

We looked a lot better toward the end of the year with Hato at LB, whose trajectory is on the increase as opposed to Cucu who is already at his peak.

The sale isn’t an issue. What is an issue is if we go and spend the same amount on an inferior player who isn’t PL proven (see Pep Chavvario)
He’s just won the World Cup FFS.

Not a serious footballer??? 😂😂😂

 
He’s just won the World Cup FFS.

Not a serious footballer??? 😂😂😂
Spain won the World Cup. Cucurella was part of the squad.

Jack Rodwell’s won the Premier League, Ross Turnbull’s won the Champions League. By the same logic.

Come on though after watching Ashley Cole, Cesar Azpilicueta, Ben Chilwell & Marcos Alonso over the years you can’t for a second think Cucurella is anywhere near that level.

Take the BTec David Luiz hair away and you’re left with a serially out of position player that mistimes more tackles than he makes.

We don’t get weaker without Cucurella AND we banked a tidy enough sum for a non PL sale. Win Win for all parties.

 
Spain won the World Cup. Cucurella was part of the squad.

Jack Rodwell’s won the Premier League, Ross Turnbull’s won the Champions League. By the same logic.

Come on though after watching Ashley Cole, Cesar Azpilicueta, Ben Chilwell & Marcos Alonso over the years you can’t for a second think Cucurella is anywhere near that level.

Take the BTec David Luiz hair away and you’re left with a serially out of position player that mistimes more tackles than he makes.

We don’t get weaker without Cucurella AND we banked a tidy enough sum for a non PL sale. Win Win for all parties.
Was Rodwell a nailed on starter? How many games did Turnbull start on our Champions League journey?

Each to their own and all that but I couldn’t disagree more with you.

I thought he did very well at a chaotic club and will do well at Madrid too. He’s had a very good World Cup and is nailed on starter for the World Champions and will likely be the starter at the biggest club in the world too.

Had he stayed at Chelsea I reckon he’d be a nailed on starter for us under Alonso.

Wherever he is he plays. Not bad for a footballer that’s not serious.

Good luck to the guy. He served us well

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Spain won the World Cup. Cucurella was part of the squad.

Jack Rodwell’s won the Premier League, Ross Turnbull’s won the Champions League. By the same logic.

Come on though after watching Ashley Cole, Cesar Azpilicueta, Ben Chilwell & Marcos Alonso over the years you can’t for a second think Cucurella is anywhere near that level.

Take the BTec David Luiz hair away and you’re left with a serially out of position player that mistimes more tackles than he makes.

We don’t get weaker without Cucurella AND we banked a tidy enough sum for a non PL sale. Win Win for all parties.
He's not on Cole's or Azpilicueta's level, but I think he is better than both Chilwell and Alonso at this point. Chilwell's highs were higher than Cucurella's, but it didn't even last a year. Alonso had an amazing left foot on him, but he was the slowest player on the pitch. He really lacked agility which made defending against wingers really difficult for him.

 
So did Pedro Porro, doesn't mean they're a great footballer.
I never said Cucu was a great footballer. I took issue with him being labelled a non serious footballer. To be fair, Porro also had a very good tournament.

That team only conceded 1 goal all tournament so some kudus must go to both Porro and Cucu

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Spain won the World Cup. Cucurella was part of the squad.

Jack Rodwell’s won the Premier League, Ross Turnbull’s won the Champions League. By the same logic.

Come on though after watching Ashley Cole, Cesar Azpilicueta, Ben Chilwell & Marcos Alonso over the years you can’t for a second think Cucurella is anywhere near that level.

Take the BTec David Luiz hair away and you’re left with a serially out of position player that mistimes more tackles than he makes.

We don’t get weaker without Cucurella AND we banked a tidy enough sum for a non PL sale. Win Win for all parties.
Look I don't really mind us selling Cucu but why are people here pretending he wasn't one of Spains best players alongside Rodri and Cubarsi

Widely praised everywhere but on here I read stuff like this

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Look I don't really mind us selling Cucu but why are people here pretending he wasn't one of Spains best players alongside Rodri and Cubarsi

Widely praised everywhere but on here I read stuff like this
I just ignore it now. It's typically from the same 2-3 members.

 
Back
Top