MMA Chat

It's a crime how Dana still can't say for sure if Tony is getting a title shot, even Khabib and his manager Ali are not open to it that much. Khabib keeps saying it's Tony's fault for not getting a shot, rubbish and he knows it. Offering Tony and interim belt that he should never have lost in the first place is just an insult to him, and he had all the mental problems going on.

I think Khabib and Ali are really trying to avoid him, it's sad because Tony could be 36 by the time they fight and obviously past his prime. Tony shouldn't have to fight anybody but Khabib, f**k McGregor he can go fight someone else first. 
You know the reason why El Cucuy isn't getting a title shot

D84pafFXsAAoaU8.jpg
 
It's a crime how Dana still can't say for sure if Tony is getting a title shot, even Khabib and his manager Ali are not open to it that much. Khabib keeps saying it's Tony's fault for not getting a shot, rubbish and he knows it. Offering Tony and interim belt that he should never have lost in the first place is just an insult to him, and he had all the mental problems going on.

I think Khabib and Ali are really trying to avoid him, it's sad because Tony could be 36 by the time they fight and obviously past his prime. Tony shouldn't have to fight anybody but Khabib, f**k McGregor he can go fight someone else first. 
All this talk of fighters "avoiding" or "ducking" other fighters is ludicrous. I only ever see it as the managers and agents who try to duck other fighters, but the fighters themselves barely ever. 

Khabib vs Tony is the fight we all want to see. Personally I think Khabib still destroys him, but it would be a closer fight than the one against McGregor thats for sure.

 
All this talk of fighters "avoiding" or "ducking" other fighters is ludicrous. I only ever see it as the managers and agents who try to duck other fighters, but the fighters themselves barely ever. 

Khabib vs Tony is the fight we all want to see. Personally I think Khabib still destroys him, but it would be a closer fight than the one against McGregor thats for sure.
not so sure about that one - just take a look of the damage El Cucuy has done on his recent opponents

D8maP9hUIAAwKRw.jpg

+ the dude is on a 12 fight winning streak

 
not so sure about that one - just take a look of the damage El Cucuy has done on his recent opponents

​

+ the dude is on a 12 fight winning streak
And Khabib is on a 27 win streak. 

It would be a good fight, probably Khabib's toughest yet but I still see him winning. His ground game is just too good and not Tony's strong suit.

 
but Tony is taking on real fighters & not drunk Irishmen - face it bro Tony 'El Cucuy' Ferguson is the Real Lightweight Champion

giphy.gif
Only 1 way to tell isn't there!

I believe they are just waiting for Khabib's ban to finish before they announce his next fight, which i think will be against Tony! At least I hope so anyway

 
Only 1 way to tell isn't there!

I believe they are just waiting for Khabib's ban to finish before they announce his next fight, which i think will be against Tony! At least I hope so anyway
Khabib is fighting Dustin Porier for the Undisputed LW Title




 
4 minutes ago, robdog said:

Khabib is fighting Dustin Porier for the Undisputed LW Title


Oh f**k I didnt realise that was actually confirmed my bad!

Well the winner facing Tony would be nice

 
Look at the interview. Khabib is very happy about this location. Also did you hear what Khabib said about McGregor? It's actually very funny.
Lmfao. He has a point though. After all that trash talk from McTapper, how can he even ask for a rematch? It wasnt exactly a lucky punch or kick that made him lose. He was battered in every round bar 1, and simply couldn't live with the beast that is Khabib. 

 
Lmfao. He has a point though. After all that trash talk from McTapper, how can he even ask for a rematch? It wasnt exactly a lucky punch or kick that made him lose. He was battered in every round bar 1, and simply couldn't live with the beast that is Khabib. 
even in that clip, Khabib stated that Ferguson deserves a title shot. I am still weak that Khabib said that McGillicutty begged for his life :Troll_Face:

 
All this talk of fighters "avoiding" or "ducking" other fighters is ludicrous. I only ever see it as the managers and agents who try to duck other fighters, but the fighters themselves barely ever. 

Khabib vs Tony is the fight we all want to see. Personally I think Khabib still destroys him, but it would be a closer fight than the one against McGregor thats for sure.
I was probably stupid saying Khabib is avoiding him tbf, but I do think Khabib knows that's his hardest challenge yet. 

He's so bipolar on the subject of Tony Ferguson, he keeps saying "Tony deserves it" then it's "Tony needs to fight someone else first", and then you've got his manager mouthing off always saying Tony is no good and doesn't deserve a shot. 

You know that if Khabib beats Dustin, he's going to ask for a McGregor rematch or GSP fight, that'll be what's inevitable. He needs to fight Tony Ferguson and stop focusing on other people if he wants fans of his such as myself to be skeptical. 

I've actually said before that Khabib beats him, I still think Khabib has the better chance of winning the fight because Tony's wrestling is nowhere at Khabib's level, however, Tony will offer a threat off his back which can hurt Khabib and take him into muddy territories. Honestly who has been in dog fights more than Tony? He's the most experienced one, for him that's a normal fight, for Khabib he might not like that, should Tony get him into that scrap. 

 
even in that clip, Khabib stated that Ferguson deserves a title shot. I am still weak that Khabib said that McGillicutty begged for his life :Troll_Face:
If it wasn't for McGregor this sport wouldn't be as big as it is right now. 

As annoying as he can be, he's a great pioneer to the sport and has been entertaining. People need to understand what trash talking is, I don't get too bothered by it, people get too easily triggered when the likes of Kevin Lee, Colby Covington, Ben Askren and many others start hyping a fight up and trash talking. It's part of the game, the whoel incident with Khabib however, was pathetic, throwing a dolly at the bus and then getting a title shot. That's the UFC's fault, they caused all that by allowing McGregor to get away with it. "You wanna fight Khabib, then fight him" Dana says, you wouldn't be saying that about anyone else, you sacked Paul Daley who is a good PPV star at Bellator for punching Koscheck after a fight straight away.

Conor gets all these privileges because he's a draw, I mean look at the box office figures this guy does, I can see why... So I respect him for what he has done for the sport and there's a reason so many other MMA fighters actually really like him. 

 
I was probably stupid saying Khabib is avoiding him tbf, but I do think Khabib knows that's his hardest challenge yet. 

He's so bipolar on the subject of Tony Ferguson, he keeps saying "Tony deserves it" then it's "Tony needs to fight someone else first", and then you've got his manager mouthing off always saying Tony is no good and doesn't deserve a shot. 

You know that if Khabib beats Dustin, he's going to ask for a McGregor rematch or GSP fight, that'll be what's inevitable. He needs to fight Tony Ferguson and stop focusing on other people if he wants fans of his such as myself to be skeptical. 

I've actually said before that Khabib beats him, I still think Khabib has the better chance of winning the fight because Tony's wrestling is nowhere at Khabib's level, however, Tony will offer a threat off his back which can hurt Khabib and take him into muddy territories. Honestly who has been in dog fights more than Tony? He's the most experienced one, for him that's a normal fight, for Khabib he might not like that, should Tony get him into that scrap. 
If he goes for Mcgregor its purely for money, but GSP on the other hand would definitely be his hardest challenge. GSP is pretty much top 3 all time in my eyes, and Khabib moving up to fight him will be a crazy huge fight. 

No matter how you look at it, GSP is the better known and tougher fight than Tony is. 

Either way, Khabib needs to avoid McGregor now and just go for legacy fights like Tony and GSP, the order doesn't matter as long as the fight is made.

 
Either way, Khabib needs to avoid McGregor now and just go for legacy fights like Tony and GSP, the order doesn't matter as long as the fight is made.
that is what Khabib was saying in that clip I provided you. He doesn't believe McGregor deserves a chance. I rather see it given to El Cucuy. IMHO if Uncle Dana wants a Big Money fight, then just hook up the trilogy with Nate vs Conor. The only problem is convincing Nate. He seems to only want to fight at 165lbs & in his mind he has already punked McGregor twice.




 
36 minutes ago, robdog said:

that is what Khabib was saying in that clip I provided you. He doesn't believe McGregor deserves a chance. I rather see it given to El Cucuy. IMHO if Uncle Dana wants a Big Money fight, then just hook up the trilogy with Nate vs Conor. The only problem is convincing Nate. He seems to only want to fight at 165lbs & in his mind he has already punked McGregor twice.


Exactly, but fighting McGregor is guaranteed HUGE money that frankly Khabib wont get anywhere near fighting both Tony and GSP combined. Not sure how much he cares about money and all that, but that sure must tempt him.

 
If he goes for Mcgregor its purely for money, but GSP on the other hand would definitely be his hardest challenge. GSP is pretty much top 3 all time in my eyes, and Khabib moving up to fight him will be a crazy huge fight. 

No matter how you look at it, GSP is the better known and tougher fight than Tony is. 

Either way, Khabib needs to avoid McGregor now and just go for legacy fights like Tony and GSP, the order doesn't matter as long as the fight is made.
I would agree but GSP is in his late 30's now, he was known for his athleticism and there's no doubt his stamina has depleted a lot since. He has been ianctive for very long, it'll be 1 fight in 6 years for him. 

 
Bellator 222 took place tonight at Madison Square Garden in New York. I won't go into details about the card, but I do want to share this will you MMA Junkies


I love what Bellator is doing atm.

 
Back
Top