Nothing too surprising about the winners, apart from the fact that Cars didn't win the award for best animated feature film. Apparently Mini Loz didn't have a say in this.Performance by an actor in a leading roleForest Whitaker - ?The Last King of Scotland?
Performance by an actor in a supporting role
Alan Arkin - ?Little Miss Sunshine?
Performance by an actress in a leading role
Helen Mirren - ?The Queen?
Performance by an actress in a supporting role
Jennifer Hudson - ?Dreamgirls?
Best animated feature film of the year
?Happy Feet? - George Miller
Achievement in art direction
?Pan?s Labyrinth?
Art Direction: Eugenio Caballero
Set Decoration: Pilar Revuelta
Achievement in cinematography
?Pan?s Labyrinth? - Guillermo Navarro
Achievement in costume design
?Marie Antoinette? - Milena Canonero
Achievement in directing
?The Departed? - Martin Scorsese
Best documentary feature
?An Inconvenient Truth? - Davis Guggenheim
Best documentary short subject
?The Blood of Yingzhou District? - Ruby Yang and Thomas Lennon
Achievement in film editing
?The Departed? - Thelma Schoonmaker
Best foreign language film of the year
?The Lives of Others? (Germany)
Achievement in makeup
?Pan?s Labyrinth? - David Mart? and Montse Rib?
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score)
?Babel? - Gustavo Santaolalla
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original song)
?I Need to Wake Up? from ?An Inconvenient Truth?
Music and Lyric by Melissa Etheridge
Best motion picture of the year
?The Departed? - Graham King, Producer
Best animated short film
?The Danish Poet? - Torill Kove
Best live action short film
?West Bank Story? - Ari Sandel
Achievement in sound editing
?Letters from Iwo Jima? - Alan Robert Murray and Bub Asman
Achievement in sound mixing
?Dreamgirls? - Michael Minkler, Bob Beemer and Willie Burton
Achievement in visual effects
?Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man?s Chest?
John Knoll, Hal Hickel, Charles Gibson and Allen Hall
Adapted screenplay
?The Departed? - William Monahan
Original screenplay
?Little Miss Sunshine? - Michael Arndt
Typical frenchI would've thought the letter of complaint would also include the following Monty Python inspired insult:"I fart in your general direction!"![]()
Finally got round to watching Pan's Labyrinth tonight as I decided to wait and get it on DVD so I could see it on a full sized tele rather than seeing it on my monitor by watching a downloaded copy.I really hope you like it. I've watched it three times so far. Last night I watched it with my father and he really liked it. He usually fall asleep watching movies I like but this time he didn't nod off once. I'm impressed.The only bad thing I can say about Pan's Labyrinth is that it's in spanish and I don't know that language. That means that I have to read the subs all the time and I prefer to focus on everything that happens in the movie. On the other hand spanish makes the movie better. I can't imagine it being as good in english.
23 is some film that came out with Jim carey in it (another attempt to try and brisge the gap into serious acting.) In it, he reads a book in which he feels that he is the main character, and that everything he reads pertains to him. This is all explained by the mystical properties of the number 23....it really didn't look that good so not even watched it yetIsn't there a film by the title "The Number 23"? Getting the Collectors Edition are you Liam?
I think I'm going to watch as soon as I can find it. It doesn't sound like a good movie but I'll see it anyway.23 is some film that came out with Jim carey in it (another attempt to try and brisge the gap into serious acting.) In it, he reads a book in which he feels that he is the main character, and that everything he reads pertains to him. This is all explained by the mystical properties of the number 23....it really didn't look that good so not even watched it yetIsn't there a film by the title "The Number 23"? Getting the Collectors Edition are you Liam?
Scott
I didn't like 'Truman Show' all that much. I thought Carrey was good in 'Man on the Moon', though. I thought he was great pick for the role of Andy Kaufmann, because he is able to be serious, but he also has that crazy side that was needed to pull off the stand up routines and sketch performances that Kaufmann did. It was probably more of an impersonation of Kaufmann, than acting(if that makes any sense), but he was good for the movie anyway. Still, I think his best serious role so far has been in 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'.I like Carey. I think he's a good comedian but he can also act in more serious movies. He was great in The Truman Show and also in Man On The Moon.
Not certain numbers, only the number 23.I first thought it was some sketch where Carrey is making fun of people that are insanely obsessed with certain numbers.
I forgot about that movie. He was great in that one. Many thought he would be nominated for an Oscar but he wasn't. I guess the fact that he's a comedian reduces his chances of getting nominatedI didn't like 'Truman Show' all that much. I thought Carrey was good in 'Man on the Moon', though. I thought he was great pick for the role of Andy Kaufmann, because he is able to be serious, but he also has that crazy side that was needed to pull off the stand up routines and sketch performances that Kaufmann did. It was probably more of an impersonation of Kaufmann, than acting(if that makes any sense), but he was good for the movie anyway. Still, I think his best serious role so far has been in 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'.I like Carey. I think he's a good comedian but he can also act in more serious movies. He was great in The Truman Show and also in Man On The Moon.
I think his reputation as a comedic actor does harm him sometimes. I admit I sometimes let it affect my own thinking. When I first this trailer for 23, I thought it was some sketch by Carrey:I forgot about that movie. He was great in that one. Many thought he would be nominated for an Oscar but he wasn't. I guess the fact that he's a comedian reduces his chances of getting nominated'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'.![]()