Neymar

 Plus Pulisic has some talent and ability when fit.
Strongly disagree.  He's as untalented a player I've seen at the club in over 20 years.

He's apparently been offered to Juventus as part of a deal for De Ligt which is promising.

Obviously the worry is we keep him based on his nationality jusy like we signed him based solely on his nationality but Boehly is backing Tuchel.  Tuchel knows Pulisic doesn't have the talent for this level and with 2 years left on his contract this is the last chance to fleece another club into taking him before he decides to run his contract down.

I'm confident he'll be gone this summer.  It's not good for him to be 5th/6th choice in a world cup year and it's not good for us to keep a player on 150K a week who is nowhere near good enough for us.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Strongly disagree.  He's as untalented a player I've seen at the club in over 20 years.

He's apparently been offered to Juventus as part of a deal for De Ligt which is promising.

Obviously the worry is we keep him based on his nationality jusy like we signed him based solely on his nationality but Boehly is backing Tuchel.  Tuchel knows Pulisic doesn't have the talent for this level and with 2 years left on his contract this is the last chance to fleece another club into taking him before he decides to run his contract down.

I'm confident he'll be gone this summer.  It's not good for him to be 5th/6th choice in a world cup year and it's not good for us to keep a player on 150K a week who is nowhere near good enough for us.
Pulisic has been unluck with injuries, but I agree he hasn't worked out, and I don't see much of a future for him at Chelsea. Boehly may be American, but I don't see sentiment clouding his judgement on such decisions. Likewise I agree Pulisic will want more playing time with the World Cup approaching, and I don't see that happening with the likely new arrivals this summer.

 
We won't be getting rid of Pulisic. Our American owners will want the star of America in the squad. Plus Pulisic has some talent and ability when fit.
You are right although I would prefer we keep Werner rather than Pulisic if we get Neymar on loan. We can't have two Glass men in the team

 
It didn't turn out too badly the last time we signed a supremely skilful 30 year old forward ... so I suppose I could get on board with this if lightning can strike twice.

The 25 shirt is still free after all LOL

 
He averages about 29 league games a season. Great on his day, but i dont see him being motivated enough to make it work in english football. Brazilian forwards age horribly.

 
Silva urges Neymar to come to Chelsea


Chelsea defender Thiago Silva has urged Neymar to consider a move to the Blues, should he leave Paris Saint-Germain this summer.

Reports emerged this morning that PSG have told the Brazilian attacker that he is no longer required at the French champions - and Silva admits he hopes the forward can switch to west London.

"He has to go to Chelsea," he told Brazilian outlet JG. "If it happens, it will be for the best. He needs no comments.

"So far, I don’t know anything, but I hope it comes to fruition."

(SSN)
I just don't believe it is not credible absolute total bo**ocks, not the story just he used the word fruition. 

 
He averages about 29 league games a season. Great on his day, but i dont see him being motivated enough to make it work in english football. Brazilian forwards age horribly.
He could average 10 games a season.

He'd still outscore Pulisic and Ziyech over a full season

Neymar has averaged 29 games the last 5 seasons and still scored nearly  treble the number of goals Pulisic has in that time  (100 vs 37) while having over double the number of assists.

For all the risks he has more talent in the little toe on his weaker foot than the dross we currently have on the wings.

Well worth a loan.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Please no. He's a great footballer but his baggage is worse than Ronaldinho and Maradona combined. 

We'd need to placate to his sister as well just so that he can be happy. 

Hope Boehly doesn't even entertain it

 
Remember reading that Neymar said he'd do anything for Tuchel and he was his favourite manager to play under. With Tuchel at the helm and T.Silva there to mentor him Neymar would be an unbelievable signing, even if you only get 25-30 games out of him in all comps. Neymar, Sterling and Raphinha in for Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech would be stupidly good business.

 
I just don't believe it is not credible absolute total bo**ocks, not the story just he used the word fruition. 
Well all weve got to go on is a few rumours and silva but I can see why these types of players are being linked/talked about i.e bringing money etc in

For the right prices ofc

But yeah nowt solid so far probably inquired as it does look like psg want rid, could all be classic contract neg's but its fun to follow

 
He could average 10 games a season.

He'd still outscore Pulisic and Ziyech over a full season

Neymar has averaged 29 games the last 5 seasons and still scored nearly  treble the number of goals Pulisic has in that time  (100 vs 37) while having over double the number of assists.

For all the risks he has more talent in the little toe on his weaker foot than the dross we currently have on the wings.

Well worth a loan.
I think you are a bit OTT and repetitive with the Pulisic diatribe, albeit I do love how you construct your posts and arguments LOL.

A sobering thought that Pulisic, for all his many faults, is still our most "productive" winger ... actually more frightening than sobering :-) 

 
btw- Pulisic is not as bad as some folks around here are suggesting.  Plus. He is Captain America and Chelsea are owned by Americans. He is not going anywhere.

 
btw- Pulisic is not as bad as some folks around here are suggesting.  Plus. He is Captain America and Chelsea are owned by Americans. He is not going anywhere.
I like pulisic, I defended him many a time on here and elsewhere but it does look like he may be on the move, If rumours are to be believed we have offered him in a swap deal plus cash for de ligt...

Boehly is known for wanting to do swap deals and is a bargain hunter i.e less big names more actual ability and if they add/better what's there so i wouldn't be surprised if its true then again it could well be a journo just putting 2 and 2 together to get 5 but still

If pulisic can fully recover and avoid injury's he's worth keeping but otherwise its a waste and absolute waste now, plus TT aiint using him much either, Might be a club signing and TT wants rid

Speculation city!

 
Strongly disagree.  He's as untalented a player I've seen at the club in over 20 years.
Pulisic was signed on his footballing ability (not his nationality) and imho he will stay at the club. He is a good kid with lots of raw ability and he has been unlucky with injury.  He has not been offered to Juventus.  He will be staying at Chelsea. In my 50 years of watching Chelsea I would have to say I strongly disagree with your opinion of Pulisic.

 
Boehly is known for wanting to do swap deals and is a bargain hunter
The question is, how often do swap deals actually work?  Hardly ever to Never is the answer. The media loves to talk about a swap deal. It is part of the soap Opera of the game. But they rarely happen between clubs.  Try not to complicate matters. Try and keep everything separate for now.  Swap deals just hardly ever work out.  Clubs generally want money for their players.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
Pulisic was signed on his footballing ability (not his nationality) and imho he will stay at the club. He is a good kid with lots of raw ability and he has been unlucky with injury.  He has not been offered to Juventus.  He will be staying at Chelsea. In my 50 years of watching Chelsea I would have to say I strongly disagree with your opinion of Pulisic.
I mean, he has natural ability. His problem is he can't see anything beyond a 20 yard radius of him and has extreme tunnel vision.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever we think about Neymar and how he would do here, no doubt he would genuinely be a marquee signings in name, reputation and merchandise sales alone.

 
The question is, how often do swap deals actually work?  Hardly ever to Never is the answer. The media loves to talk about a swap deal. It is part of the soap Opera of the game. But they rarely happen between clubs.  Try not to complicate matters. Try and keep everything separate for now.  Swap deals just hardly ever work out.
Didnt a few happen in italy last summer?

And it probably all about the big pocketers at the top, If boehily wants to do swaps they may too, It could of been Roman who didnt like them but yeah its a good point as you would think they would all do it like in the US

 
The question is, how often do swap deals actually work?  Hardly ever to Never is the answer. The media loves to talk about a swap deal. It is part of the soap Opera of the game. But they rarely happen between clubs.  Try not to complicate matters. Try and keep everything separate for now.  Swap deals just hardly ever work out.  Clubs generally want money for their players.
Swaps are often spoken about, rarely ever actually acted upon, its just media nonsense when they get to that kind of daft rumours.

 
Back
Top