Other old stuff.

I'm sure we lost to arsenal in cup match,I was up visiting family for some reason was only 15 at the time remember my uncle was going to game, we travelled back home same evening if my memories right


Didn’t we play there in the League Cup 76ish?   I know I was still at school but can’t be certain of the year. 
Yes we played them at Highbury in 1976. Lost 2-1 that day.

 
Always a good place to get the programme from any previous away games. I never used to buy a prog on the day away from home, far easier to keep 'em neat buying from there. It was also where we used to book up to travel on the old Supporters Club coaches, back in the school years when it was a far cheaper option than the special, it also helped that they used a Mitcham coach firm, making it an easy 20 minute walk to Fair Green in the morning to get the back seat before setting off for the Bridge, always good for a pound or two on the floor when we were the last passengers aboard for the last half hour or so.

 
I bought one of the few Chelsea tops I’ve owned from there. It was white cotton, blue piping on the cuffs and v- neck ( think it was out 3rd choice kit from 81/82)

Not entirely kosher because it didn’t have the Umbro diamond, and by then we’d moved onto to shiny nylon rather than cotton, but I must have liked it other wise I wouldn’t have bought it.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one of the few Chelsea tops I’ve owned from there. It was white cotton, blue piping on the cuffs and v- neck ( think it was out 3rd choice kit from 81/82)

Not entirely kosher because it didn’t have the Umbro diamond, and by then we’d moved onto to shiny nylon rather than cotton, but I must have liked it other wise I wouldn’t have bought it.
Used to get away tickets from Arthur Meadows in the back of the 547 shop when booking coach tickets always wore a smart blazer with woven badge on the pocket. He would give you a withering look if you started to misbehave. Looking back he was a Chelsea legend. Anyone else remember him?

 
Bluehaze, is that your shirt by any chance? If so, who did you use for the Gulf Air iron-on transfer? I've been thinking about doing the same on my Score Draw home shirt too! 
It isn't my shirt no. There is a guy on Ebay who does the 81-83 shirts a good repro version he seems to be running out of sizes though.

 
They had a decent team Brighton and that looks like it reads it Gordon sh*te and after the 83 cup final most Brighton fans would probably agree.

EO9BtcvWoAEsCfI.jpg

 
Brings back memories of football specials. The rolling stock was a lot more dated than the Inter City 125. ( Inter City was more open plan whereas the specials I remember tended to have those litttle individual compartments where two rows of seats faced each other- quite intimate a bit like being in a front room)

Last time I got a train north to watch Chelsea was in the Cup v Everton in 2005- Cant remember whether the club organised the train or not- what I do recall was Cath getting in an argument with someone coming back which led to the train being held at Crewe for ages- it got a bit out of hand and someone pulled the communication cord.

 
Back
Top