Raheem Sterling signs for Chelsea

A unique talent for whom training and fitness wasn't a big priority. It had to catch up with him eventually.
That's my take as well; the distractions can appear in many different forms.
I got some flak for it in the Disasi thread 😅, and tbf Disasi may indeed be a different case.

Plus he started his career when he was 17. What happen to hazard and sterling are very typical wonderkids who start their career very young. By the time they hit 30 or even younger they are done.

Same thing happen to cesc, I remember hi last season with us, he was done,it was like he was running in slow motion.
There is some of that too, and that is something I actually can understand personally (started writing software very young).
I feel that determination and lifestyle can play a big part though.
To your point, there is nothing "healthy" about being an athlete at this level -- it's more punishing than anything else.

 
If Sterling gets a PL move in Jan he will outscore/out-assist Neto by the end of the season. FACT.
I wouldn't mind a small bet on us cancelling his contract this week by mutual consent. He gets a payout, then joins a Palace, Fulham or West Ham as a free agent after the window closes.

 
Club trying to find him a no fee free transfer elsewhere as Sterling does not want a loan.

More likely is Sterling and BlueCo find an agreement to terminate his contract.

A free or termination does hit our FFP though so we may need a sale of someone else to cover that.

 
I wouldn't mind a small bet on us cancelling his contract this week by mutual consent. He gets a payout, then joins a Palace, Fulham or West Ham as a free agent after the window closes.
Club trying to find him a no fee free transfer elsewhere as Sterling does not want a loan.

More likely is Sterling and BlueCo find an agreement to terminate his contract.

A free or termination does hit our FFP though so we may need a sale of someone else to cover that.
The ‘PuRe PrOfIt’ of the inevitable Tyrique George sale being used to cover the termination of Raheem the Dreams contract before the Clearlake PR machine spins it all as a win/win

 
The ‘PuRe PrOfIt’ of the inevitable Tyrique George sale being used to cover the termination of Raheem the Dreams contract before the Clearlake PR machine spins it all as a win/win
Been racking my brain as to who the likely candidate would be. Thought it couldn't be Anselmino cos we paid a chunk for him. Tyrique George, what a great shout.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
George currently choosing his next club with interest from multiple countries.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind a small bet on us cancelling his contract this week by mutual consent. He gets a payout, then joins a Palace, Fulham or West Ham as a free agent after the window closes.
We are talking £24m here. I just can’t see this lot handing him that money especially with a potential loss of CL windfall if they miss out. They are already losing out on about £40m+ without the FOS sponsorship. Even a potential George sale won’t cut it, they aren’t getting the £25m they had on the table last summer, because they haven’t platformed the player by giving him mins. It will be £20m max.

Personally feel this is another one of those sound bites that prelude the eventual both the club and Sterling tried finding a solution but it was too late. We did this dance last summer already.

 
That's my take as well; the distractions can appear in many different forms.
I got some flak for it in the Disasi thread 😅, and tbf Disasi may indeed be a different case.

There is some of that too, and that is something I actually can understand personally (started writing software very young).
I feel that determination and lifestyle can play a big part though.
To your point, there is nothing "healthy" about being an athlete at this level -- it's more punishing than anything else.
You are making this more complicated than it is. Most player usually start their career when they are 21/22 and by 32/33, they are done. If you start when you are 18, you are kinda done when you are 29.

 
You are making this more complicated than it is. Most player usually start their career when they are 21/22 and by 32/33, they are done. If you start when you are 18, you are kinda done when you are 29.
Even lesser if the player depends on speed and stamina as part of their game

 
Just be nice to draw a line under this once and for all.

Dreadful decision to sign him in the first place - bar the odd game, he just didn't fit in. Be nice not to have to read about a player who never plays still being on £300k per week.

 
Why does it always seems players like Sterling and George are left until the last 2-3 days of the window? Can they not sort this sh*t out earlier?
Maybe they are negotiating a two for one special deal!

 
Well looks like he's left. I have no problems with him, got froze out without any chance back. Could have taken offers from other clubs but these clowns gave him the ridiculous contract and I'm sure given the opportunity he would have played for us. Complete mess all round.

Massive wages off the books is the big positive, nearly £20 million a year, or half a seventeen year old wonder kid in Clearlake terms.

Could we actually move on Disasi in the same window!? Well given the fact we'd have to actually sell the guy rather than cancelling his contract I'm going to say the answer is no.

 
FFP transfer hit now 15mill for what's left.

He should ot be able to find a club as his contract with us is settled so can drop his wage demands to find a club that suits him.

 
I liked his bum
default_blush.gif


 
On a par with Munks would you say?
If Munk hadn't made himself invisible when we were both at a women's match, I could have given you an honest assessment. But noooooo, he avoided me. Me! Can you believe it! I'm lovely and a soothing presence. I'm sure of it.

 
Back
Top