Shed End Football Manager challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf steve! How do people manage to get so many loans without paying the other club anything? They never do that to me just says they want money and me paying their full wages, damn you.
You have to search for players listed for loan, just like free agents. Try Hoilett from Blackburn, mans a goal machine.

 
wtf steve! How do people manage to get so many loans without paying the other club anything? They never do that to me just says they want money and me paying their full wages, damn you.
Top rank clubs will actually do the loan most of the time because it helps their younger players get playing time. I still have to pay for any of the loan deals I've done with Chelsea and Tottenham; Uniter, Arsenal, City and Villa will offer same type of deals unless you're going for an established player.

 
This is my graph so far after 18 league games, on the up and up baby.....

/monthly_02_2011/post-76-0-31456100-1298547479.jpg

Got £1/2 mill left for the jan window too, gonna have to get a full back in I think.

 

Attachments

  • Cov 18 games.jpg
    Cov 18 games.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 0
How did you manage to get that much spending money? The board would only allow me 650,000 and that's to maintain myself in the middle of the pack!

 
I haven't played but 3 games

0-1

0-1

0-1

Seriously.

What's the prize for finishing last in this competition? :laugh2:

 
How did you manage to get that much spending money? The board would only allow me 650,000 and that's to maintain myself in the middle of the pack!
When the new transfer window opened the asked me if I wanted to change my season expectations as we were doing well. I went for promotion and got another £543k, but cant find any bugger to spend it on. Bought a Brazilian who looks brilliant for £300k but he doesnt sign until July,I ballsed that right up.

 
Just started the season proper - got beat 0-2 at Middlesbrough, then beat Dagenham & Redbridge 3-0 away in the League Cup - not too bad. Jutkiewicz is doing OK, but Marlon King seems to be doing a passable impression of Darren Anderton, gets injured combing his hair.

Also just signed Dave Templeton from Hearts for £350,000, which has left me skint and with a wage bill that is gonna give the chairman high blood pressure :D

 
Great going dkw.

I'm almost done with my season. I think I'll have time to have a second go at this by the looks of things.

 
Great going dkw.

I'm almost done with my season. I think I'll have time to have a second go at this by the looks of things.
Its all in the formation in the lower leagues it seems, and I got a decent one.....

 
Not related to this challenge I'm afraid, but not sure where else to post this. What I believed to be the signing of the season (swap deal £6m plus Zhirkov for Bale) didn't turn out so good:

30rnukl.jpg


 
Not related to this challenge I'm afraid, but not sure where else to post this. What I believed to be the signing of the season (swap deal £6m plus Zhirkov for Bale) didn't turn out so good:

30rnukl.jpg
is that championship manager ?

 
Started this earlier and had a pretty good start so far. Looks like ive gone down a similar route to everyone else and gone for lots of loan signings.. Van Anholt & Coleman are immense by the way! Kakuta sadly got injured and is out for a while and so is Marlon King.

Results so far have been:

Watford (h) W3-0

Bournemouth (a) LC W3-1

Palace (a) W2-0

Freddy Eastwood has been really good so far and so has McIndoe... might get promoted at this rate!

 
iPhone version of Football Manager 2011 :) Sorry again for posting it here, just found it quite funny! (took the screenshots to show my mate who's a Spurs fan!)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Im sitting in 13th, due to individual errors. Lost a two goal lead at home to Scuhnthorpe in my last game. I kind of went overboard in the transfer window, signed seven players on loan, Helge Riise, Jordi Gomez, Barry Bannan, Josh McEachren, Jlloyd Samuel, Thorgan Hazard and Wojciech Szczesny. I signed Jay Demerit, Steve Finnan, Bernard Mendy, Brahim Hemdani, Mahamadu Sidibe, Mateja Kezman and Jerome Rothen on free transfers. I also Signed Leigh Griffiths for 750k and a Georgian central defender from Lokomotiv Moscow for 625k, both are excellent. Sold Baker, Turner, Clarke and McPake for 1.6m and sent Eastwood out on loan.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Think I see a pattern there. I did a million transfers myself, and ended up 11th.

Just starting my new season...

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top