The FA Cup Final - Manchester City vs Chelsea Saturday 16th May 15:00 GMT

They will be f**ked under Alonso if we get him. He likes to play quicker football, which means more running. This lot, who get outrun by everybody, will probably down tools like Real Madrid's lot did.
That's what I am hoping for so we can fck them off and get a proper team that works hard

 
In the pre-match discussion on BBC they were saying our players' long contracts encourage them to coast. If they were on the usual 2 year contract they'd feel under greater pressure to perform
Look a the way Gusto lost the ball in the 94th minute during our last attacking attempt.

This club isn't serious.

 
Thought we played okay but the big difference was they had more players with goal-threat and they had game-changers on the bench. We have to improve our squad so we can throw on players who can actually effect a game, rather than the likes of Neto, Delap and Garnacho. Might as well not bother with subs like that.

Colwill was superb though. So good to see a CFC CB so comfortable on the ball and be able to pick passes. Give him the arm-band for next season.

 
They’ve had a week to plan a defensive game and fielded 5 defenders. They couldn’t have been any worse.

“Control” isn’t a word I’d use, at all. Especially with no shots on target from any of our attackers.
We've literally seen them be worse while fielding 5 defenders v worse opposition so I have no idea what you are talking about.

I think control is apt given the spell we had after they had scored but either way the point is we didnt looked gassed, we just weren't good enough in the final third.

 
Considering how bad they've been I thought they played well. Cith are a very strong team and we contained them pretty much for the whole match. Remember we don't have a top team so in that context they didn't disgrace themselves.

I realise the team needs a complete overhaul but today they did well.

 
Can't see us beating Spurs especially if JP is injured
Can't see us beating Spurs especially if JP is injured
Pedro was the biggest disappointment for me today. Didn't do enough and kept going over - looked like he needed longer studs. We needed him to be 10/10 today and he was about a 5.

 
I thought we were the better team but the quality was the difference. The only had one good chance and they took it, after that they just controlled the game and we were done. The subs also tell the story of the club under this board, Neto, Delap and Garnash*t are no game changers.

 
We've literally seen them be worse while fielding 5 defenders v worse opposition so I have no idea what you are talking about.

I think control is apt given the spell we had after they had scored but either way the point is we didnt looked gassed, we just weren't good enough in the final third.
It's a cup final and its the last thing these players have anything to play for, on top of a week of preparation whereas City played three days ago. Apologies I've i'm not going overboard with their defensive improvement. Especially when that was the entire gameplan.

 
Defensively of course compared to our last few games.

Don't think i agree with your gassed assessment, we were mostly in control towards the end and had them pinned back just lacked quality in the final third which was the case from min 1.
Sorry but they were shattered from the 70th minute on. You could clearly see them actually dropping off and going on their heels. Pedro went down cramped up. You could see the the rubbish Gusto was desperately trying to come off, yet he bizarrely took off Cucurella. I am not saying they didn't work hard, but you can't be doing that for only 70 minutes, especially if you concede.

 
Pedro isolated with Cucurella being the only player near him. Palmer and Enzo having to recycle it back. Gusto and Cucurella offering zero attacking width with any efficiency.

I've been reminded of just how much I hate a back 3.
That’s why I’d be hesitant on Alonso there is a reason top European clubs aren’t using a back 5

 
Keep seeing people talking about playing well (at least before they scored). Never once looked like we were going to score or that we were really trying to, you can't win cup finals with that mentality.
I don’t think we had a shot. Looked like we was playing for set pieces like a small club.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
7 consecutive domestic final defeats or is it 8?
200.gif


 
I'm also not buying that we played well because we reduced City to 1 goal. City rarely ever blow teams away in cup finals. They were feeling the nerves at times, you could see it. They made a lot of unforced errors throughout. We need to remember that they lost their last two FA Cup finals back to back. Palace worked their defence more last season.

 
Did not expect anything to be fair. This is a football club that runs on a low level of confidence at the moment, from top to bottom. Nothing can be achieved under this toxic atmosphere. Hopefully Xabi Alonso changes this and injects some passion into this squad. And I also hope he does not get fooled by some of the performances today that looked decent. There are a lot of players that need to f**k off from this club or at least from the starting line-up.

 
Back
Top