What is you favourite film?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the Bourne trilogy. They certainly made 007 reinvent himself.

Any Tarantino film even if I was blind. Would still be worth it for the dialogue.

Also, As Good As it Gets. Touching, funny all the characters wonderfully portrayed. Jack Nicholson at his very best.

 
Too many to mention..just to throw some spaghetti westerns in the mix....

The good, the bad and the ugly

Fistful of dollars

A few dollars more

 
Last edited by a moderator:
 A few favourites:

The Italian Job (Michael Caine version)

The Wicker Man (Christopher Lee version)

Shawshank Redemption

Some Like it Hot

Blue Water, White Death

Ice Cold in Alex

Das Boot

Zulu

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest

 
A few favourites:

The Italian Job (Michael Caine version)

The Wicker Man (Christopher Lee version)

Shawshank Redemption

Some Like it Hot

Blue Water, White Death

Ice Cold in Alex

Das Boot

Zulu

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
Zulu, The Wicker Man and Ice Cold in Alex. I forgot those films. The Wicker Man (Woodward) is brilliant and, despite the title, the 'reveal' and the film's end still shocks.

Zulu reminded me of the original 'Get Carter'; gritty and brutal and a superb start and theme that establishes the mood of the film immediately.

Also:

Dead Mans Shoes;

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid;

The Naked Spur;

Guns at Batasi,

Where Eagles Dare;

A Bridge Too Far (Elliot Gould's finest moment imo is his 'aw sh*t' when the bridge blows up in front of him and he's soaked);

+ nearly all films with either John Wayne or Jimmy Stewart

 
I forgot about Dead Man's Shoes, that and Wickerman are two of my favourite British films. Off the top of my head, Four Lions is another British film I loved.

 
 A few more:

The Ladykillers (Alec Guinness version)

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1950s version)

Morning Departure

The Incredible Shrinking Man

Misery. In my opinion, one of the better adaptions of a Stephen King novel.

 
Zulu has always been my favourite film which my friends find weird, seeing as I'm 18 and it was made 50 years ago! It's all about CGI and special effects these days but nothing beats Zulu for me. A true classic. I think my girlfriend found it slightly weird when I asked for a Zulu film cell for Christmas.

Having said that about CGI, the Lord of the Rings trilogy would be my next favourite, with The Return of the King at the top. 

Other favourites are - Star Wars, Shawshank Redemption, Saving Private Ryan, The Green Mile, Full Metal Jacket, Shaun of the Dead, All Quiet on the Western Front, Johnny English Reborn, Skyfall, Superbad, The Guns of Navarone, War Horse and Casino Royale. I should stop here but last but not least, Chelsea FC: Champions of Europe 2012.

 
Green mile

saving private ryan

Shawshank

Full Metal jacket

se7en

Lock stock and two smoking barrels

LA Confidential

300

Behind enemy lines

Few more that are eluding me at the moment

 
Donnie Darko

The Fountain

The Man From Earth

Ink

V for Vendetta

The Shawshank Redemption

 
To add to the films I put on page one:

Life is Beautiful (Roberto Benigni)

The History Boys (Alan Bennett)

Gosford Park

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I will always stop and watch Gangs of New York or A River Runs Through It, regardless of what I'm doing.

 
Favourite horror is between silence of the lambs and seven. Devil inside was pretty good too.

Waterloo (been to the actual site).

Zulu (got some soil from Rorke's Drift in an urn when a mate went there).

Saving private Ryan (got crabs off a French girl in London once)

Blackhawk down was a great film

Heat and the Departed as Police/action films.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles, and Goldmember as funnies.

Bet there's loads I've missed off here but can't think of at the moment. Jaws. Missed that one.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Borat, Shutter Island (best twist film ever imo), Hobbit would be up there just cos I love LOTR so much, but nowhere near as good as the originals, Inbetweeners Movie, Blackhawk Down, Inglorious bar stewards, The Eagle Has Landed,

 
The Thing (1982)

The Seven Samurai

Miller's Crossing

Jaws

A Clockwork Orange

Alien/Aliens

Oldboy (Korean original)

Memories of Murder

Dr.Strangelove

Eyes Without A Face

Once Upon A Time In The West

Full Metal Jacket

Die Hard

Martyrs

The Mist

Night of the Living Dead

Rec

This Is Spinal Tap

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top