World Cup Quarter Finals - Your Predicitons ?

Who's going to the semi's?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Costa Rica played four games, three against World Cup winners Italy, England Uruguay, and one against European Championship winners Greece, and went home from the tournament unbeaten.

I think they deserve a hell of a lot of credit, probably more than the eventual winners.

 
Costa Rica played four games, three against World Cup winners Italy, England Uruguay, and one against European Championship winners Greece, and went home from the tournament unbeaten.

I think they deserve a hell of a lot of credit, probably more than the eventual winners.
Another great example of how a well-organised unit can overcome the odds.

Some other observations from this weekend:

1) Sad to see Colombia go, they were terrific. Probably the most enjoyable team to watch this World Cup.

2) Brazil really are so ordinary. I think they might be found out by a quietly efficient and dangerous German side. No Neymar and Thiago Silva spells big trouble for them. I can see Schurrle being a big player on the counter if given the chance.

3) Belgium - Flop. They were poor in pretty much every game. And where the hell was Eden Hazard? The fact that he was hooked off for Nacer Chadli with Belgium needing a goal to stay in the tournament says quite a lot about his performances. Despite his two assists Hazard was a major disappointment, I thought he was going to be the breakout player.

4) Really want to see a Germany Holland final!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice move by van Gaal by putting in Krul, but I must say I lost a lot of respect for Krul by his antics in trying to psyche out the Costa Rica players taking penalty kicks.  Bush league antics, as us Americans say. 

 
Personally, I would rather see Germans vs Argentina in the final.

Brazil were lucky to get this far & Holland I can't wait to see Robben out.

 
I see Zuinga has got away with the tackle on Neymar, rightly so too. Brazil fans, players and ex players have overreacted to this, he didn't mean to cause Neymar injury. 99 times out of 100 a player will walk away from that with no injury.

I hate the way players these days get vilified when they accidently cause injury to another player.

 
I see Zuinga has got away with the tackle on Neymar, rightly so too. Brazil fans, players and ex players have overreacted to this, he didn't mean to cause Neymar injury. 99 times out of 100 a player will walk away from that with no injury.

I hate the way players these days get vilified when they accidently cause injury to another player.
You're obviously a better person than I, because I suspect whatsisname did mean to hurt Neymar.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top