World Cup Quarter Finals - Your Predicitons ?

Who's going to the semi's?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
24 years ago, Bobby Robson didn't have the courage to do what LVG did last night when the whole country was calling for Beasant to be brought on in identical circumstances as last night.

Nobody knows if it would have made a difference back then, as nobody knows if it made a difference last night.

However I commend LVG for the courage of his convictions!

 
I reckon Germany will beat France.

Brazil to scrape past Columbia

Holland to beat Costa Rica

Really not sure on Belgium Vs Argentina as I think both teams have been fairly poor especially Argentina in their last game.

But I'll go with Argentina to edge out Belgium.
4/4 right, I'm happy with that.

 
Anyone else think the krul substitution had nothing to do with which keeper was better at penalties and more to do with out phsycing the opposition?

 
I can sort of understand what you're saying Brit but let's be honest, we have won important games with similar defensive displays.
Its a different situation when its not your team your watching, its easier to see the situation without being emotionally involved.
 
Anyone else think the krul substitution had nothing to do with which keeper was better at penalties and more to do with out phsycing the opposition?
Me. I think it was more psychology than anything else.

 
Anyone else think the krul substitution had nothing to do with which keeper was better at penalties and more to do with out phsycing the opposition?
Van Gaal has just said it was because Krul is 2 inches taller and has a longer reach, so the better able to stop penalties, apparently. 

 
The Dutch keeper who was subbed off has never saved a penalty in his career. That's why he was taken off. <br />

<br />

Krul is also bigger and more imposing. ...I don't know why he wasn't playing in the first place. It wasn't a move of a 'genius'.

 
Why is Van Gaal some god now that he's going to United? When he was going to Spurs earlier in the season no one said a bloody thing, and the mancs call the scousers delusional.

 
Can understand the stick I'm getting for saying that, but if people really want to keep banging the drum that this World Cup is the best they've ever seen, then surely a holland v Argentina semi is what they want to see...said many times Costa Rica defended great and should be proud
Some people aren't as old as you, you know.

 
Some people aren't as old as you, you know.

In wich case has the saying respect your elders gone out of fasion? Not saying take every word of gosspol but listen to what they have to say.... we all get old

 
In wich case has the saying respect your elders gone out of fasion? Not saying take every word of gosspol but listen to what they have to say.... we all get old

Can I adopt you, please, barak?

 
Krul sub had worked. Simply put, one lucky move. Nothing else. Holland were the better team & deserved to win.

 
24 years ago, Bobby Robson didn't have the courage to do what LVG did last night when the whole country was calling for Beasant to be brought on in identical circumstances as last night.

Nobody knows if it would have made a difference back then, as nobody knows if it made a difference last night.

However I commend LVG for the courage of his convictions!
Were we ?  I had completely forgotten that Beasant was even in the squad let alone having the whole country calling for him. That probably says more about my shot apart memory than anything else though.

 
Were we ?  I had completely forgotten that Beasant was even in the squad let alone having the whole country calling for him. That probably says more about my shot apart memory than anything else though.
Ok everyone in the pub where I was watching the match. :biggrin:

 
I'd love to see what this Belgium team could achieve with a world class manager. What's Guus up to these days?

 
In wich case has the saying respect your elders gone out of fasion? Not saying take every word of gosspol but listen to what they have to say.... we all get old
huh? I don't think you understand. 

He said people are banging on about this being the best World Cup they've seen...my point was, that he's much older therefore seen more. This is my 5th World Cup and for me it's the best yet.

 
huh? I don't think you understand. 

He said people are banging on about this being the best World Cup they've seen...my point was, that he's much older therefore seen more. This is my 5th World Cup and for me it's the best yet.
Italia 90 for me, great football, and we even played well.

 
huh? I don't think you understand.

He said people are banging on about this being the best World Cup they've seen...my point was, that he's much older therefore seen more. This is my 5th World Cup and for me it's the best yet.
98 was your first? For me that was a great world cup.. I was still very much in love with football back then though.. this world cup started amazingly with great matches... how spoiled by Holland Spain and France complete group performance But it has tailed of I think.

Also, perhaps The last world cup Not being The best exactly makes this one look better...

Another thing of interest to me is they quality of player.. I feel like there is far less top notch player about at The moment But think that's a thread On it's own

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top