Ad

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andy2461
  • Start date Start date
How do I get rid of this ?
Click Read News, then close that tab! Yea I know it's a bit of a different one, but got to pay the electric!

 
@Mod

Sorry to do this to you, but I refuse to turn off my adblocker and if the page is going to be locked for ublock origin users then I am out

I have donated previously to this forum and willing to again (assuming the costs are reasonable)

But not willing to deal with the crap ton of ads

Can you (@mod) please delete my account again?

Note that unless the ad-block block is turned off, i won't see your reply and will just assume you've agreed to remove the account, thanks

 
Last edited:
Hi mate. I'm suddenly getting messages to turn off Ublock origin ? Until now I've had adverts on here , dunno what's happened and I haven't got anything called Ublock??

 
Hi mate. I'm suddenly getting messages to turn off Ublock origin ? Until now I've had adverts on here , dunno what's happened and I haven't got anything called Ublock??
Are you using Brave browser? That has built-in ad-blocking and I couldn't access the site using it earlier.

 
I don’t know why people are starting to see this now!

@The Rising Sun can you clear your browser cache mate, see if that helps!

 
It's been like that on mobile for ages, but I also only just started seeing that on desktop yesterday

 
It seems to suddenly gotten good at detecting uBlock Origin and Brave browser, which it didn't used to do for me.

 
I'm okay with the ads but for a few annoying things. One, when I scroll down, there is a massive void of space if I want to scroll to the bottom, the second problem is this thing Screenshot 2025-08-20 234552.png

This thing is really intrusive and takes up so much space.

 
@Mod U-Block Origin weirdness. I pay for no ads but, when I sign in, I get the blue screen demanding I whitelist or turn off U-Block Origin. Clearing cache does nothing.

 
@Mod Tried to donate but got this spinning and doing nothing the first time:

Opera Snapshot_2025-08-21_125932_www.paypal.com.png

Then the second time I went beyond that but got:

Opera Snapshot_2025-08-21_130118_www.paypal.com.png

Any ideas?

 
I'm okay with the ads but for a few annoying things. One, when I scroll down, there is a massive void of space if I want to scroll to the bottom, the second problem is this thing

This thing is really intrusive and takes up so much space.
Yea that's a bit crap that one, but it is showing smaller versions lately! I'll see if I can do something with the bigger ones!

@Mod U-Block Origin weirdness. I pay for no ads but, when I sign in, I get the blue screen demanding I whitelist or turn off U-Block Origin. Clearing cache does nothing.
That is a bit weird! So when you whitelist after, is it all good displaying no ads? I don't know why this has suddenly come about, but it must be seeing you have it installed on the browser.

@Mod Tried to donate but got this spinning and doing nothing the first time:

Any ideas?
I think that must be Paypal as that page is not actually hosted here once you hit the blue checkout button. I've just tried it, and don't see it spinning, it just gives me the login screen. The page appeared to be refreshing several times, then stopped and seemed ok.

 
@Mod No problem when I whitelist the site. The curious thing is that, un-whitelisted, the blue screen only appears at the log in window. If I reactivate it after log in, there's no issue if I refresh or move between threads. UBlock Origin has gone rogue on you.

 
I have all my ad blockers turned off, and I'm still getting strange screens like this pop up when I switch between threads :

This one is blurry but otherwise completely blank. No annoying Bet365 to "click" ... just hangs there ...

image.png

 
The ads on this site are absolutely f*cking mental.

£34 a year to turn them off... To access a forum? Seems mad.

 
Back
Top