Another Winger! - Noni Madueke

When do we get someone To the area where the enforcement is most needed, midfield?

 
When do we get someone To the area where the enforcement is most needed, midfield?
I think the challenge is finding the right player. Right now, doesn’t appear any midfielders are available that bring what we need for a realistic fee. Get the sense it will be shelved until the summer and we’ll rely more on attackers once again 

 
I've got doubts on Madueke, fortunately the fee is pretty reasonable. While the comparisons to Robben are obvious, he lacks the speed to pull off Robben's cut-in-and-shoot move consistently. He's not going to get the separation he needs, against the EPL's better defenders. I think he's closer to Kalou or Ziyech and a squad player at best.

Cody Gakpo is a better player and already looks out of his depth in the EPL, so I've got low expectations here.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Given the detailed opinions you talk about, It's a shame that Gol has to be on ignore so often. Never met another poster who makes up so much nonsense.

"You said x. I interpret that as Y. Therefore you must actually think z" etc.... His ability to extrapolate to the Nth degree is second to done. Either that, or he remains a serial WUM.
Jorginho makes 5 yard pass to player

Gol: image.gif

 
I've got doubts on Madueke, fortunately the fee is pretty reasonable. While the comparisons to Robben are obvious, he lacks the speed to pull off Robben's cut-in-and-shoot move consistently. He's not going to get the separation he needs, against the EPL's better defenders. I think he's closer to Kalou or Ziyech and a squad player at best.

Cody Gakpo is a better player and already looks out of his depth in the EPL, so I've got low expectations here.
Well 80% I'd this forum slagged off Mudryk and Felix before their first games and they ended up showing how big of an upgrade they are in our current lot in about 5 minutes so let's hope Madueke carries on the trend.

 
I've got doubts on Madueke, fortunately the fee is pretty reasonable. While the comparisons to Robben are obvious, he lacks the speed to pull off Robben's cut-in-and-shoot move consistently. He's not going to get the separation he needs, against the EPL's better defenders. I think he's closer to Kalou or Ziyech and a squad player at best.

Cody Gakpo is a better player and already looks out of his depth in the EPL, so I've got low expectations here.
Gakpo is better?? 

Last game against pool was the 1st time I really watched gakpo and the drop off from mane/Diaz to gakpo is tremendous. 

 
It would make me laugh if of the three eredevisie wingers joining the prem, Noni turns out to be the only good one. 

 
Yes his YouTube compilation is like any another tricky winger in the world and he looks decent but you can't take anything from it really.  However Sky Sports (yes I know) has an interesting article with his technical coach Saul Isaksson-Hurst talking about Noni.  The guy sings his praises which you would expect he's is trainer, but its the way he talks about his mentality at his young age thats most intriguing.  

Not only does he have the mentality to work hard and improve, Saul said "getting to know him, you realise he's got that last piece of the jigsaw as well, the mentality, which many young players don't have. He is like a mentality monster. He is so driven."  One of his ex managers also talked up his ability to absorb complex tactical information quickly.  This part I like a lot, more than a few dribbles on YouTube and something I believe is the difference maker with most of these young prospects, something it seems Mudryk has too.  Just hoping his injury record doesn't spoil him.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Increasingly excited to watch Noni play.  Seen plenty of clips now, which while show the best, also demonstrate there is some player in there.  The Sky Sports article was also good with how direct he is and dribble attempts per game.  If we can get the ball to our wide players (and get it there quicker), their driving runs will open up space on both sides.

Again, can't wait to watch him play.  I'm sure he'll need time and is very young, but what a prospect!

 
Did they? All i saw was excitement with slight hesitation on the price tag.
I can't recall much excitement until his Liverpool cameo really, most of the comments were

- Never heard of this guy

- Why are we spending so much on him 

- Why does he look miserable

- Why are we buying another winger when we need midfielders

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mudryk signing came at a wrong time (emotion wise) after we looked to have pulled out of Enzo whilst spending a fortune on a winger majority of us never heard of. 

I think, although it may be far too soon, that we genuinely need to start putting our utmost trust in Vivell and Co. All of their signings so far have worked knock on wood. 

 
I want us to play 4-3-3, regardless of results, that's why I didn't want Frank Lampard to be sacked. So obvs we need really good wingers to play like that; we'll never get the respect of the rest of Europe by winning with 5 at the back. We have to win the CL with a bit of style playing three up front.  

 
I want us to play 4-3-3, regardless of results, that's why I didn't want Frank Lampard to be sacked. So obvs we need really good wingers to play like that; we'll never get the respect of the rest of Europe by winning with 5 at the back. We have to win the CL with a bit of style playing three up front.  
I would like to move on from 5 at the back because I feel that it can be limited. Your players in attack need to be on their game every game because they don't have that extra player and the wing backs need to be incredible, but if it was still a winning formation I could trust, I would be very happy to win playing that way. I don't give a damn about getting respect from the rest of Europe and nobody should. I don't really believe that anyway, most people involved in the game understand all types of formations and styles are required to win.

 
I would like to move on from 5 at the back because I feel that it can be limited. Your players in attack need to be on their game every game because they don't have that extra player and the wing backs need to be incredible, but if it was still a winning formation I could trust, I would be very happy to win playing that way. I don't give a damn about getting respect from the rest of Europe and nobody should. I don't really believe that anyway, most people involved in the game understand all types of formations and styles are required to win.
Okay...

 
Hopefully we will see abit of him tonight. I’m mostly excited about Mudryk and Enzo but it will be great to see Madueke too, see what he offers us.

All I’m hoping for is that he’s better than Hudson Odoi, which isn’t asking for much really…

 
He's like a cross between Adama Traore and Olise, looking forward to seeing him play tonight.

 
Back
Top