Chelsea vs LAFC (CWC) Mon 16th June 20:00 GMT

Neto was MOTM

Enzo making a right habit of those Lampard esque runs into the box.

Delap looked sharp.

Palmer is a magician.

Tosin & Colwill both very solid.

Cucu is a master of the dark arts and something we definitely need in the side.

Gusto is pointless in this system, just give the minutes to Josh at this stage.

Madueke is going to be very hard to sell if he keeps putting in such BTec performances.

Jackson for every positive has 10 negatives.

Turns out we still employ Nkunku.

The football is painfully dull though.

 
Essugo must be great in training if he gets the nod ahead of Santos
Probably got his Clearlake orders.

I'm half expecting the "Andrey doesn't fit Maresca's system" brief by the usual suspects in social media soon ...

 
I reckon Santos starts the next game.
I hope you are right, but I can't see it ... he won't drop or rest Caicedo, and I also doubt he'll now bench Enzo after the goal this evening ...

 
Agree. Essugo the defensive Caicedo replacement. Santos more attacking Enzo replacement.
Not sure that's how it will pan out. Santos led all the midfield ball winning stats in Ligue 1 didn't he ? I think he's probably Caicedo, but with some more goals, rather than an alternate for Fernandez

 
Delap hasn't looked like an upgrade on Jackson so far, still early days though
He looks stronger, has better movement, has an understanding of the offside rule, and can stay on his feet. He showed brilliantly on two occasions but our players are not used to a no. 9 and didn't slot him in. There was nothing hopeful about the assist- he knew exactly what he was doing.

I'm excited.

 
He looks stronger, has better movement, has an understanding of the offside rule, and can stay on his feet. He showed brilliantly on two occasions but our players are not used to a no. 9 and didn't slot him in. There was nothing hopeful about the assist- he knew exactly what he was doing.

I'm excited.
He’s big, strong, fast, and a very good dribbler. Having all those qualities together is rare.

 
Gusto's mistakes on D have nothing to do with how's he used in the attack. Victor Moses looked good for a year too, you can only ask the manager to hide the flaws of so many players.

 
I saw the 2nd half.

Nice to see us win by two though wondered if they might have got a penalty.

Thought the young Venezuelan should have seen Red,

Delap looks a little too physical as I predicted though also showed some skill.

Enzo took his goal superbly.

Neto, Caicedo and Cucurella stood out for me,
Also think if the ball had gone out of play sooner Tosin could have also had a second yellow

 
I wonder if he'll try and find a way to get Delap and Jackson into the same starting eleven ?

Both did some good work this evening.

 
He looks stronger, has better movement, has an understanding of the offside rule, and can stay on his feet. He showed brilliantly on two occasions but our players are not used to a no. 9 and didn't slot him in. There was nothing hopeful about the assist- he knew exactly what he was doing.

I'm excited.
Bang on that, im amazed anyone can claim he didn't look better than Jackson. He immediately made 2 excellent runs that led to chances, proper strikers runs off a defender into space (staying onside). That instantly takes him above Jackson.

 
I wonder if he'll try and find a way to get Delap and Jackson into the same starting eleven ?

Both did some good work this evening.
You could well be right. It is entirely plausible that Maresca would drop Palmer to fit Jackson in on the left wing.

MarescaBall at its finest.

 
Not sure that's how it will pan out. Santos led all the midfield ball winning stats in Ligue 1 didn't he ? I think he's probably Caicedo, but with some more goals, rather than an alternate for Fernandez
Thought he was more box to box .

 
Thought he was more box to box .
I think he does box to box well, but he's also been quoted as saying his best position is as a deep lying midfielder.

He's probably the most complete midfielder we have (Carlo said something similar along those lines when he pitched up for the Brazil squad recently).

Personally, I'd love to see him alongside Caicedo instead of Enzo.

Remains to be seen what Maresca thinks of him. Seems to have him behind Essugo on tonight's evidence LOL

 
Back
Top