Game of Thrones

Cracking season so far. I'm willing to turn a blind eye to how quickly everyone seems to be travelling around Westeros all of a sudden. Maybe they finally have HS2?? 

Not many episodes this season, or next so it all has a feeling of being a bit rushed. But I've enjoyed everything I've seen so far! The magnificent seven! #hugawhitewalker 

 
so who will kill who? Arya Stark or LittleFinger? I am putting my money on LittleFinger getting knifed in the back by Arya with her new Valyrian Steel dagger

​


A fitting shout that would be !

 
Also watched it, a great episode. 

You can tell that they are not following the direct work of GG R Martin now, its looks more like Lord of the Rings, than the gritty stuff of before. But I am not complaining. That was an intense episode. 

The finale looks considerably calmer, seems to be a large meeting of the minds!

 
Next week's finale = The Hound vs The Mountain Zombie

rhgau8or17up5qhclgmb.png


 
only 7 episodes this season & next season will be the last season with only 6 episodes. This story is coming to an end. Enjoy my friends. I know I have.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wish they'd stretch it out for one more season, it all feels so rushed now

 
You can tell that they are not following the direct work of GG R Martin now

You can tell because Tormund didn't die, instead a bunch of nameless randoms died. Also some character choices are ... suspect. Jon deciding he'd rather go kill 3 walkers instead of escaping :S
 
You can tell because Tormund didn't die, instead a bunch of nameless randoms died. Also some character choices are ... suspect. Jon deciding he'd rather go kill 3 walkers instead of escaping :S
I wonder when the guy will get his book sorted, seems to be taking him an eternity, maybe he cant be bothered now haha.

 
I wonder when the guy will get his book sorted, seems to be taking him an eternity, maybe he cant be bothered now haha.
Martin claims his next book will be out in 2018 at some point. I doubt it will be. He is meant to be writing two more but he is 68 and morbidly obese. Heart attack is on the horizon...

 
Enter Brandon Sanderson, to complete Martin's series. 

He did it once with the Wheel of Time, can/will have to do it again if I am honest. 

Also, I am a massive fan of Sanderson.

 
SPOILERS BELOW....

It's lost its edge for me this season, yes it's a fantasy show, magic, dragons etc, but in previous series the writing and characterisation were epic, now it's all rushed scenes leading up to action, more like a cinema blockbuster. Too many last minute saves too - Jaime and Bronn wouldn't have survived that two seasons ago.

I still really like it, but it's not as shocking and tense as previous seasons. The worst thing they did was shorten it to 7 episodes, if they'd kept it at 10 they wouldn't have needed to make a Raven travel the full length of the country in an hour or so.  :wink:

 
100% agree with you @Blue Exile I was starting to think it was just me that thought that, as everyone keeps saying how amazing it is. It seems sloppily put together and rushed this season. Some characters nature seems a lot different too, almost like totally different people to fit in with the script. That Jamie - Bronn scene was embarrassing.

Still a good show, still watchable.... but has lost it to previous seasons for sure.

 
The only thing annoying me is how quickly people are covering land now. After Jon and the gang got trapped on that rock Gendry managed to run back to the wall, write out a note, send it to Dany and she then flies all the way across the country to save them at the last minute? C'mon now. 

 
Back
Top