Jorrel Hato *Official*

I don't know much about him to be honest but it would be good to have some cover for Cucurella, although I would rather we went all out for Antonio Silva from what I've seen.

 
Hmm .. didn’t Saliba fix his relationship with Arteta? I think if Veiga can contribute we should keep him.. generally liked him whenever he has played.. I think he wants to play CB..
I think Saliba's issue was with Edu/upper management, they saw him as a loan piece to sell for development and profit whereas Arteta actually wanted him as a first-teamer.

Maresca unfortunately will just change his opinion to whatever the sporting directors want

 
This is a move I can definitely get behind. From the limited clips I’ve seen of him seems to be exactly what we need, just if he’s happy to be a back up to begin his career til he has acclimatised to the step up.

 
I think Hato is as good, if not better than Timber when Arsenal paid 38M for him. He's be a good addition to the squad.

The issue would be he's probably too good to come and play backup to Cucurella or Colwill. Not sure he has the maturity to play in the middle yet, and LB he's good enough to start elsewhere. Maybe he backs himself to lay down a marker and force his way into the team. LB/LCB is certainly an area we need depth.
Had a shocker for Netherlands that I remember and from the extremely rare A**x games I've seen I have to say this guy did not stand out at all. Timber did.

Not sure how it's going to work spending that much on a 19 year old that's not going to displace Cucu without sufficient game time.

 
Cucurella is a big question mark this season given his past 12 months of football. 5,000 minutes played for club and country.

There will be plenty of opportunities.

 
Personal terms on the verge of being agreed.

Same with Simons. Club will enter talks with both clubs soon.

 
Wanted to like this for similarities to a former Jerrel for us, but apparently it's spelled differently.

Only other substantive thing I can see is that he is a bit on the short side for a center back in the Premier league. We do need the Cucurella cover, and it seems we have no faith in Anselmino or Wiley for the next year or two.

At some point we have to sell a few players though per the UEFA fine...

 
I feel Veiga has burnt his bridges here when he forced his way out for a loan last season.

I’m very happy with Hato, he’s one of these players you watch and just know he is destined for greatness. In a few years time he’ll be one of the best defenders in Europe.

34m is a ridiculous price for him, a bargain.

 
Don’t know much about him but people seem positive that he’s got a high ceiling.

Is he a pure left back or a CD / left back like Veiga?

 
Apparently A-J-A-X tried including ISS in the deal but we already sold him to ourselves 😂

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t know much about him but people seem positive that he’s got a high ceiling.

Is he a pure left back or a CD / left back like Veiga?
He’s a hybrid between CB and LB but he excels at both, he carries the ball very well, really good at crossing, hell he can even do long balls too. He seems like a really, really good fit for Maresca’s system.

I think he played like 80 games as CB and 80 games as LB for A**x.

 
I don't want us to hand over millions to that f**king club 😡
default_empathy.gif


 
Back
Top