Maxence Lacroix

This thread needs to be buzzing. Lacroix is one of the best 1v1 defenders in the league, period; Rudiger 2.0. A big weakness was the complete inability of any defender to deal with long balls over the top, and Lacroix fixes that instantly.
Get buzzing lads and lasses - he's here

 
@2211 said it perfectly- a commanding center back performance. Adds a layer of calm and physicality.

Have to watch on the turn - not his greatest when those moments happen, but when the games ahead of him, just solid. Great debut.

 
didn't know a lot about him before but my Brother in Law is a match going Palace fan and was adamant he'd quickly become a fans favourite here.

Looks to be a real presence vocally as well and hopefully will fill one of the glaring weaknesses over the last couple of seasons.

Looks like a good pick from all the players that we were linked with at some point so from that point of view can only say .... "No Jacquet Required"

 
Dominant in the air, very strong 1v1 and can also find key passes too.

A few times he was battling as the last man near the halfway line and I immediately panicked, thinking Fulham were through on goal. Each time he calmly dispossessed the striker (who was having a good game) or pushed back the attack.

 
Dominant in the air, very strong 1v1 and can also find key passes too.

A few times he was battling as the last man near the halfway line and I immediately panicked, thinking Fulham were through on goal. Each time he calmly dispossessed the striker (who was having a good game) or pushed back the attack.
And has the added bonus if being able to play a winger who can make assists, I doubt that was on his CV 😅

 
He was fantastic defensively but I am a bit critical of his aerial prowess. Felt like the Garcia got the better of him in the air and even managing to hold him off on a few occasions. I'm sure someone who is into stats can look up the aerial duels won, it didn't feel like many.

Don't want to focus on it too much as he was pretty much perfect otherwise but may be a concern v more bigger and established strikers like Haaland.

 
He was fantastic defensively but I am a bit critical of his aerial prowess. Felt like the Garcia got the better of him in the air and even managing to hold him off on a few occasions. I'm sure someone who is into stats can look up the aerial duels won, it didn't feel like many.

Don't want to focus on it too much as he was pretty much perfect otherwise but may be a concern v more bigger and established strikers like Haaland.
He only won 2/8, but one of which led to a goal.

I wouldn't look too much into it. Only four Premier League defenders managed more than his 119 aerial duels won last season.

 
He only won 2/8, but one of which led to a goal.

I wouldn't look too much into it. Only four Premier League defenders managed more than his 119 aerial duels won last season.
Fair enough. That Garcia kid was pretty good to be fair so not an easy task.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
There was one moment I didn't like, it was in the 2nd half and he looked like he struggled to deal with players that cut inside. I saw the same against England. Other than that, I thought it was a very steady debut from him. Tackles were well timed, he never once panicked and I never got the feeling that he was going to do something stupid.

 
The question with Lacroix is that what happen if he is being asked to defend big space but our setup vs Fulham was very similar to Palace so not sure this question is answered. I though he had a very good game.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he looked big and slow getting back but early days yet so . . .

 
Played middle of the back three as per at CP. That pushed Colwill from his usual (and best) position to the left where he's much less comfortable. And it showed.

 
Played middle of the back three as per at CP. That pushed Colwill from his usual (and best) position to the left where he's much less comfortable. And it showed.
Colwill is good enough to learn to play alongside him, we desperately needed his experience on the pitch so it made sense to let him play his game, especially in debut alongside 2 youngsters.

 
Back
Top