The John Terry Appreciation Thread

I am actually an expert lip reader and can confirm that JT was calling the ref a 'blind c**t'
What was actually confirmed at the hearing, it’s been ages now? Or was it not ever confirmed?

 
Anton said to the ref that JT had called him that. JT responded to him by saying I didn't call you that, which is what is seen clearly on the video! The press published a video blurring his mouth of the 'I didn't call you a' so it just left the words in that they wanted you to see!
Did Terry sue the press or did they settle?

 
Did Terry sue the press or did they settle?
I don’t even remember now, they may have settled! Was it 2009 or something?

 
I don’t even remember now, they may have settled! Was it 2009 or something?
2009-2010 I thought.

Must of been a big settlement considering how damaging it was to his character. Still labeled a racist by some to this day and wasn't that the reason Capello stripped him of the captaincy?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
2009-2010 I thought.

Must of been a big settlement considering how damaging it was to his character. Still labeled a racist by some to this day and wasn't that the reason Capello stripped him of the captaincy?
It was the FA that stripped him, Capello threatened to quit if they followed through with it I think, he didnt want it to happen at all.

 
Yep, it cost one of the best England managers of recent years, what a mess!

 
Anton said to the ref that JT had called him that. JT responded to him by saying I didn't call you that, which is what is seen clearly on the video! The press published a video blurring his mouth of the 'I didn't call you a' so it just left the words in that they wanted you to see!
What I wanted to know was what did Anton say to JT that the provoked JT to respond with his comment? Pretty sure Anton didn't report it , I don't think anyone was aware of it . My recollection is that some off duty cop saw it on TV and reported it ??

 
john-terry-carling-cup.jpg




 
It was the FA that stripped him, Capello threatened to quit if they followed through with it I think, he didnt want it to happen at all.
Fair play to Capello on that, didn't really think much of him up till then. Absolute lily livered spineless shower of PC sh*te at the FA, who then proceeded to install an elderly human-owl hybrid who was more likely to piss himself in a nursing home rather than bring it home.

An absolutely disgraceful episode.

 
This should end all arguments about the Prem's greatest ever defender and our best-ever CB pairing

View attachment 38097
It's worthwhile pointing out that Opta's original list was just the aggregate number, not a percentage, so it made other players look much better than they actually were!

Somewhere @just still resents Ricardo Carvalho

 
It's worthwhile pointing out that Opta's original list was just the aggregate number, not a percentage, so it made other players look much better than they actually were!

Somewhere @just still resents Ricardo Carvalho
Never resented Carvalho. But always had the unswerving opinion that Gallas was a better defender.... and a better partner for JT.

 
Back
Top