Chelsea vs LAFC (CWC) Mon 16th June 20:00 GMT

Why can't Maresca adapt to the players he has? The style of football he wants them playing doesn't suit them, so why doesn't he come up with something different?
Scott I’m assuming this is rhetorical so won’t get into specifics 🤣

 
Delap hasn't looked like an upgrade on Jackson so far, still early days though

If Arsenal snap up the likes of Gyokeres/Osimhen we might regret it

 
  • Roll Eyes
Reactions: dkw
@nonotnowjim has asked me to say that no-one should try to contact him under any circumstances tomorrow morning.

He is booked in at his local tattoo parlour Inkcognito to get a "Delap ... Proper Centre-forward" tattoo between his legs.
Fixed.

 
He's also looked fine for France recently, used by Deschamps as a traditional overlapping full back, which, of course, is what he is !
I just think he is so weak and so limited in ability in so many areas.

 
Can't say I blame him, the owners will be putting pressure on him given the amount of money Fifa are throwing at it, think the winner gets £30m
*it's 30m just for winning the final. We'd be getting 100m or so in total if we won it.

We just won £1.4m tonight alone.

Mareaca doesn't need pressure from the top. He knows how valuable this is.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just think he is so weak and so limited in ability in so many areas.
Personally I'd like to see Acheampong get Gusto's opportunities at right back, when we're not going to play James. I see a lot more upside with Josh than Malo

 
I just think he is so weak and so limited in ability in so many areas.
He wasn't until Maresca turned up. Promising young RB/RWB now forced into a role to which he's not suited.

4 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

He's also looked fine for France recently, used by Deschamps as a traditional overlapping full back, which, of course, is what he is !

This.

 
Job done I suppose.

Nothing to say what we don’t already know. Unless there’s a lot of space to move into we find it difficult to break through stubborn defenses. Our wingers lack a lot of quality relative to other top clubs.

Colwill MOTM for me.

 
I saw the 2nd half.

Nice to see us win by two though wondered if they might have got a penalty.

Thought the young Venezuelan should have seen Red,

Delap looks a little too physical as I predicted though also showed some skill.

Enzo took his goal superbly.

Neto, Caicedo and Cucurella stood out for me,

 
Back
Top